The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks everyone and it has been "FUN" so far. It is nice to be in a forum that doesn't take itself too seriously all of the time and can leave room for some fun and harmless digs every now and then.

Apparently I have to watch my "post count" for a period of time though. On that note - how many posts am I allowed at the moment, anyone know?

As long as you follow the rules (be nice, don't spam, don't advertise, etc.) I don't believe there is a limit.
Actually, the 1st day I joined I was only allowed to post a certain amount of times before it cut me off. There's about a 24-hour limit for new members.

Actually, the 1st day I joined I was only allowed to post a certain amount of times before it cut me off. There's about a 24-hour limit for new members.
I guess that's to limit the amount of spam that someone can post before they get banned. We regularly get newbies who make multiple spam posts within minutes of joining.

There is also a minimum amount of time after posting before you can post again. It's not very long, but cuts down on those multiple spam posts.

I guess that's to limit the amount of spam that someone can post before they get banned. We regularly get newbies who make multiple spam posts within minutes of joining.

There is also a minimum amount of time after posting before you can post again. It's not very long, but cuts down on those multiple spam posts.
Apparently @wombat457 is still having posting limitations even though 24 hours has passed...

As long as you follow the rules (be nice, don't spam, don't advertise, etc.) I don't believe there is a limit.

Sorry @Kathleen but there is, regardless of how nice, polite you are. I've been here 3 days and am still restricted and for what reason - none. I am also restricted as to who I can have a private conversation with as well so what has that got to do with the forums and spam and what have you?

Tonight I was lucky, I managed to get ONE post in before I was told I had exceeded my 24 hour post limit. Aparently one post exceeds my limit, which can only be 0 posts???

So it is really pointless then ... if people are going to post large amounts of spam then they are going to do it as soon as they join and log in. All this does is penalise the innocent decent members who join on the off chance of catching a small number of idiots.

That aside, don't you think still being on this restriction thing after 72 hours is a bit rediculous? Pretty much a "guilty until proven innocent" mentality.

Unfortunately forums are a magnetic for idiots who just want to spread rubbish that has nothing to dowith the Forum itself - it happens every where and when it does, the moderators delete the posts and ban the member and it is done BUT doesn't effect or impact those who do the right thing.

@wombat457 I hadn't heard about that limit on number of posts per 24 hours for new members. It must be something new. I hope you are allowed to make more posts soon. If this doesn't clear up soon, maybe contact one of the moderators/staff members. You can find them by clicking on the "Members" link in the blue band across the top of the page. Well, that's where it is on my laptop.

@wombat457 I hadn't heard about that limit on number of posts per 24 hours for new members. It must be something new. I hope you are allowed to make more posts soon. If this doesn't clear up soon, maybe contact one of the moderators/staff members. You can find them by clicking on the "Members" link in the blue band across the top of the page. Well, that's where it is on my laptop.
It happened to me when I joined in August of 2023. Like @wombat457 I had more to say than the average person!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom