Monday, October 16, '23 Fall Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blissful

Master Chef
We had a stir fry (steamed) with zucchini, onion, peppers, water chestnuts, base, then adding quartered brussel sprouts and broccoli stems, finally adding broccoli trees and red and yellow pepper strips, glazed with garlic, ginger, water, cornstarch sauce. Served with diced tomatoes and stir fry sauce (soy, honey, molasses, vinegar plus seasonings), over veggie rice. Dessert, crustless pumpkin pie made with sweet potatoes instead of squash. Delicious.

We ordered pizza. I'm testing whether or not I can tolerate a tomato based pizza sauce. I believe that most tomato based pizza sauce is made with strained tomato, so there shouldn't be any seeds, which is what bothers me the most. It was pretty good. I picked off all the green peppers, because they are also a nightshade and I have learned that it isn't just which nightshades, but load matters.

I made something with that Mexican chili dish and 3 corn tortillas, toasted on the open flame. I just put a layer of the first tortilla, then a little bit of the shredded cheese, then another tortilla, some chili and cheese, and the last tortilla, and some cheese. Then I microwaved it 7½ minutes on level 3. A favorite thing of mine to do with leftover Mexican type dishes.

We had a total comfort meal - homemade biscuits, sausage gravy, and vanilla pudding. We were all going at 90 all day yesterday and needed something without hours of preparation - the biscuits were homemade but stuck in the freezer when the occasion we made them for was cancelled, the sausage gravy was from a can (sacrilege, I know!), and the pudding was a snack cup.

I really wasn't very hungry last night, so after DD went to HMart I just asked her to take me to KFC (which is a block away from there). I had half a breast, and a couple spoons of mashed, and gravy.

Stuffed red bells. Wild rice blend, ground beef, onions, garlic, mushrooms, gorgonzola, with liquids of beef broth, water, red wine and worchestershire.
20231017_184334.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom