Monday, June 26, 2023 = Dinner Time?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kathleen

Cupcake
I made a pasta with a sweet sausage, pepper, onion and mushroom sauce. I kept adding a bit of this and that throughout making the sauce and it turned out delicious!!! Sadly, I will never again be able to make it because I forgot after the first hour of meddling with it what I had already added. 👩‍🍳 What else is on the daily menus?

2023-06-26 17.54.48.jpg

I tried a recipe I hadn't tried before: https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f20/chiefs-stove-top-deep-brown-beans-109624.html#post1680655 and made franks and beans for supper

I had to change bean recipe a little bit because of not having exactly the same ingredients. I didn't have any cooked, smoked, pork loin, so I used extra bacon. But, I mostly followed the recipe. It was really quite good. I cut up a couple of "smoked, pork sausage", aka hotdogs and threw them in the pot with the beans near the end, to heat them up. I made a salad of green crisp lettuce, oak leaf lettuce, red cabbage, red onion, carrot, celery, and young shallot. The dressing was some of my batch vinaigrette. We enjoyed that meal. I will definitely be making that again.

franks and beans and a salad.jpg

franks and beans and a salad 2.jpg

Ahhh, Pork and Beans! Wish I'd thought of having that taxy, one of my favourites. Especially when I poop out at the end of the day.

As it was I had a hard boiled egg, Montreal Style Smoked Beef Sandwich, with lettuce, mustard on homemade bread.

Very tasty - a Ziggy brand which is, I believe, a house brand from one of our box stores?

Different people wanted different things. My youngest wanted less heat from the curry powder. My oldest wanted less cheese. I wanted more and a bit more salt but more cheese would do that. I did go light on the cheese as I know my family finds parm quite strong. Most of us wanted more curry flavor.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom