Monday August 5 Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jade Emperor

Sous Chef
Katsu 🫠

IMG_0710.jpeg

I love this type of preparation and it seems most cultures have their own version. Do you make the tonkatsu sauce? It really needs a dipping sauce imo. What are the other ingredients on the plate, just curious and it looks like you have some version of a mayo to compensate for a sauce maybe, and also want to say I love your cooking prowess. :)

@pictonguy thank you for your kind words!
Yes, I make a tonkatsu sauce to drizzle over or dip. In this particular picture, it’s offside in a little vintage gravy boat. I make a pretty simple sauce, but it’s got to have furikake in it. Some people use it in the panko crumb but as you say - there’s so many variations and regional differences.
I make a Japanese mild curry sauce to cook the vegetables in. The veggies are potato, carrots, shallots, garlic shoots and green onion. This I cook gently for about an hour.
I make the panko crumb and coat beaten out chicken thighs and put into the fridge until I’m ready with the curry vegetables.
Then I shallow fry the chicken until it’s golden and crispy and serve with a healthy dollop of Kewpie mayo, some steamed white rice and the tonkatsu sauce. It’s one of MrJade’s favourite meals 🫠

I BBQ'ed up some chicken quarters, (legs and thigh attached) with what I call the first row dry rub concoction that included an Ethiopian spice mix, Vietnamese lemongrass rub, tomato powder, middle eastern spice mix, chili flakes mixed with some evoo salt and pepper. Also grilled some zucchini with an evoo, corriander, smoked paprika, lemon zest, mint, basil and salt and pepper marinade. As well as grilled some fresh corn with paprika, ground coriander, cumin and some evoo.

Made a salad of leftover corn salad and stripped the chicken of their bones, chopped them and the leftover zucchini and added that to the corn for a side dish at a later time.

We had water sauteed yellow zucchini, green zucchini, onions, peppers, over veggie rice with marinated baked tofu bits, his with salsa and fresh tomatoes, mine with fresh tomatoes, ac vinegar, nu-salt. Black bean brownies.

It was a reasonable temperature yesterday and I was tired of chicken. I had some store bought lentil soup and a couple of slices of wholegrain and sunflower seed bread, toasted and spread with some Castello Extra Creamy Danish Blue Cheese. I had a mango for dessert.

Back
Top Bottom