Marinated Roasted Onions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caseydog

Master Chef
Marinated Roasted Onions

Marinade

Combine 1 cup of apple-cider vinegar, 2-TBSP brown sugar, 1-TBSP finely ground/chopped fresh rosemary, 2 to 4 cloves of diced or crushed garlic, and about a TSP each of salt and black pepper.

Onions
Four thick slices of large sweet yellow onions, like Texas 1015 or Vidalia (or what you have where you live). Slice the onions about 1/2-inch thick. Place them in a baking dish of appropriate size. Pour over the marinade, cover, and put in the fridge overnight.

Roasting
Preheat oven to 400F
Put 1-TBSP of butter on top of each onlion, plus more ground rosemary, if desired. Roast in oven for 1 hour, or until golden brown. Top with a dusting of ParmReg, if desired.

Onion001.jpg

CD

Anything with rosemary and garlic has to be good! Thanks!

I have that huge rosemary plant, that I am always looking for new things to use it with. I use it more than anything else just for running my hands through for that smell, while out there gardening.

Anything with rosemary and garlic has to be good! Thanks!

I have that huge rosemary plant, that I am always looking for new things to use it with. I use it more than anything else just for running my hands through for that smell, while out there gardening.

Anytime I am braising meat, whether beef, pork or chicken, I take about six sprigs of rosemary and the same of thyme, tie them together and drop the bundle in my braising liquid. After cooking, I remove the spent sprigs, as one would remove bay leaves. It adds just the right amount of flavor, for my tastes.

CD

Back
Top Bottom