July 14th '24, Sunday dinner to start a new week

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dragnlaw

Site Team
Staff member
So finally made Rock's tenderloin dish. WOW, what a winner! I know it's early but if I hadn't made it now might have been one of those old familiar stories - too pooped to pop!

Rocklobster - you are a rock star! this is a company worthy dish.

Have some leftover rice to have with - if it lasts long enough to make it to supper time.
1720989378185.png
seems like there are already a few pieces missing. :pig::pig:

I had thawed some shrimp a couple days ago for dinner last night and ended up having it for breakfast this morning. I know, I know, but I didn't want them to sit in the fridge another day. So that was at about 11 (so lunch then) and then I had lunch at about 3:30. So I think for supper all I'm going to eat is some crackers with cheese. Unless I head to the store. I need to pick up peanuts for my birds, so maybe I'll get something there. I'm not sure what though, because I'm not really hungry.

no taxy, why would I? the recipe didn't call for it.
Well, the second sentence of the post with the recipe read, "As usual, you can substitute or omit ingredients to your taste, but this is what I did."

Didn't you read the rest of that thread? @Kayelle added Dijon mustard and thought it really worked well. Roch wrote that the sauce was very versatile and good as a base for other added flavours. That's why I would wonder.

I did a CMT of the original post, (don't remember when) that was the one I did.
But yes, I did read the whole thing way back in '15. Just not now while making it. I was doing Rock's recipe, so even though all the others sound great I still prfer to make a recipe the original way that interested me first.

I had a craving for egg and for spinach. I also had a craving for smoked salmon and shrimp. I dithered for a while and got so hungry that I had to eat right away. So, I cooked some bacon and then sautéed some spinach in the bacon fat with some garlic. I added a duck egg to the skillet and put the lid on it. I toasted some rugbrød (Danish style heavy rye bread) to go with that. Part one of supper accomplished. I have some cold smoked salmon and some cooked shrimp defrosting now. I will have part two of supper in a while.

Bacon, duck egg, spinach with garlic, and toasted rugbrød.jpg

I did a CMT of the original post, (don't remember when) that was the one I did.
But yes, I did read the whole thing way back in '15. Just not now while making it. I was doing Rock's recipe, so even though all the others sound great I still prfer to make a recipe the original way that interested me first.
Did you capture any of the photos that didn't make it here from the old DC website?

No, it's a shame. Think I must have saved it in a Word document and then later (when introduced to CMT) transferred it over.
Quite a few photo's are sorely missed. Have peaches and some of the recipes listed here are sooo tantalizing with everyone commenting on the pics ... that are no longer there! ahh, too bad, soo sad, eh?

edit: oops I must have saved his picture as well as it is in my CMT.
1721002775328.png

So finally made Rock's tenderloin dish. WOW, what a winner! I know it's early but if I hadn't made it now might have been one of those old familiar stories - too pooped to pop!

Rocklobster - you are a rock star! this is a company worthy dish.

Have some leftover rice to have with - if it lasts long enough to make it to supper time.
View attachment 69984 seems like there are already a few pieces missing. :pig::pig:

Where is our Canadian Crustacean? It's been a long time since I've chatted with him.

CD

I had thawed some shrimp a couple days ago for dinner last night and ended up having it for breakfast this morning. I know, I know...

You should have had scrambled eggs or French toast for dinner. Gotta' maintain balance.

CD

I had a craving for egg and for spinach. I also had a craving for smoked salmon and shrimp. I dithered for a while and got so hungry that I had to eat right away. So, I cooked some bacon and then sautéed some spinach in the bacon fat with some garlic. I added a duck egg to the skillet and put the lid on it. I toasted some rugbrød (Danish style heavy rye bread) to go with that. Part one of supper accomplished. I have some cold smoked salmon and some cooked shrimp defrosting now. I will have part two of supper in a while.

View attachment 69986
Part two of supper has been accomplished. I mixed together some shrimp cocktail sauce and cut up some crudités: cucumber, carrots, radish, celery, and kohlrabi cut into sticks. I pulled some hummus out of the fridge as a dip for the crudités. I smeared some cream cheese on some slices of smoked salmon. Then I added capers and finely chopped red onion and rolled those up, garnished with a bit of dill. Put the shrimp, salmon rollups, cocktail sauce, and crudités on a lunch plate and that was supper part 2. I really enjoyed that.

Smoked salmon rollups, shrimp sauce, shrimp, and crudités.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom