Is a Blackstone supposed to wipe clean after I. . .clean it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BAPyessir6

Senior Cook
After cooking pancakes again on my Blackstone, I noticed there were tiny black flecks on some of my pancakes after I flipped them. I'm just assuming that's carbon from stuck on food that I didn't clean off properly?

After getting done with pancakes, I scraped my stone with a metal bench scraper, wiped it down with a paper towel, sprayed it with some water, scraped it again with metal scraper and a Blackstone scrunge thingy, dried it on low, then hit it with more oil. When I rubbed the oil using paper towels, I saw a good amount of grey/brown color on the paper towel. Is my Blackstone just still dirty and I should clean it better or with a grill stone? Is it rust and I should dry it better, or did I not season it well and should rip it hot to season again? (nothing really sticks though, maybe minutely but even eggs glide so well). Oooor is this what's supposed to happen?

Lots of questions I know. I just want to take good care of ole blacky! 😊

Attachments

• PXL_20240702_181915261.jpg
    PXL_20240702_181915261.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 12
  • PXL_20240702_181906415.jpg
    PXL_20240702_181906415.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 12
After cooking pancakes again on my Blackstone, I noticed there were tiny black flecks on some of my pancakes after I flipped them. I'm just assuming that's carbon from stuck on food that I didn't clean off properly?

After getting done with pancakes, I scraped my stone with a metal bench scraper, wiped it down with a paper towel, sprayed it with some water, scraped it again with metal scraper and a Blackstone scrunge thingy, dried it on low, then hit it with more oil. When I rubbed the oil using paper towels, I saw a good amount of grey/brown color on the paper towel. Is my Blackstone just still dirty and I should clean it better or with a grill stone? Is it rust and I should dry it better, or did I not season it well and should rip it hot to season again? (nothing really sticks though, maybe minutely but even eggs glide so well). Oooor is this what's supposed to happen?

Lots of questions I know. I just want to take good care of ole blacky! 😊

Again, I don't have experience with the powder coated steel griddle surface. I do know that paper towels are going to leave something behind. Just use the scrunge thing with a little cooking oil. Do it while the griddle is still somewhat hot. I cook, eat and clean. After cooking, I turn the Blackstone down to the lowest heat setting. The time it takes to eat lets the griddle cool down a bit, but still be hot enough to effectively clean. A cold griddle is very hard to clean.

CD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom