Interesting article about AI recipes...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
“These companies are taking content created by real people, not giving credit or attribution or any kind of compensation to the people that created the content to train their AI models, and then competing directly with those people who created that content. So it’s a huge sort of existential threat,”

The above quote from the article, is how people in the art community feel about AI art. AI photography, another form of AI art.

I'm neither anti-AI or pro-AI. I think that AI can give us interesting ideas and connections that maybe we (humans) have missed. Maybe it will help us come up with better more efficient ecologically friendly energy sources?
Maybe it will help streamline medical diagnosis with options at the end of the algorithm.

“These companies are taking content created by real people, not giving credit or attribution or any kind of compensation to the people that created the content to train their AI models, and then competing directly with those people who created that content. So it’s a huge sort of existential threat,”

The above quote from the article, is how people in the art community feel about AI art. AI photography, another form of AI art.

I'm neither anti-AI or pro-AI. I think that AI can give us interesting ideas and connections that maybe we (humans) have missed. Maybe it will help us come up with better more efficient ecologically friendly energy sources?
Maybe it will help streamline medical diagnosis with options at the end of the algorithm.

Hey, I know all about that, as a professional Art Director and Photographer. I'm glad I'm old enough to be semi-retired, because in five to ten years, AI will be doing my job.

BTW, AI actually uses a tremendous amount of energy. A company just announced that it is re-opening the infamous Three Mile Island nuclear plant, just to provide Microsoft with power for an upcoming AI facility.

AI facilities also use a lot of water to cool their mega-super-computers.

CD

Back
Top Bottom