Dinner Saturday, September 21, 2024

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have also heard of 'wing steak' but only just vaguely. But here is a description I've found that might help some.
"The Wing steak cut is in fact half of a T-Bone steak. Usually formed with a portion of filet mignon and a portion of striploin, the wing steak is stripped of its tenderloin, resulting in a nice bone-in striploin. Already flavorsome, the bone will give an extra kick to your steak during cooking."

I have also heard of 'wing steak' but only just vaguely. But here is a description I've found that might help some.
"The Wing steak cut is in fact half of a T-Bone steak. Usually formed with a portion of filet mignon and a portion of striploin, the wing steak is stripped of its tenderloin, resulting in a nice bone-in striploin. Already flavorsome, the bone will give an extra kick to your steak during cooking."
Anything I have seen labelled "wing steak" always had a small piece of the tenderloin. Often that small piece of tenderloin was as big as the one in the comparison picture that CD posted, sometimes less, but always enough that you wouldn't fell that it was too small to count.

Anything I have seen labelled "wing steak" always had a small piece of the tenderloin. Often that small piece of tenderloin was as big as the one in the comparison picture that CD posted, sometimes less, but always enough that you wouldn't fell that it was too small to count.

I looked it up, and a wing steak is, as our resident dragon mentioned, a bone in NY Strip (AKA strip loin). It looks like they cut the tenderloin side off, including that part of the "T" bone. Basically, a bone-in NY Strip. And, it is a Canadian cut.

1727142772079.png

CD

Back
Top Bottom