Hump day supper, 2024 October 23

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taxlady

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I had some of that fridge soup I made on Monday. I bent over to get the rugbrød (Danish style, heavy rye bread) out of the fridge and noticed that I had defrosted a package of cold smoked salmon. Ooh, yum. I grabbed it, the cream cheese I had previously mixed with capers and chopped onion, and the rugbrød. I figured that would go well with a vegetable soup. It did. I had two bowls of that soup and pepped it up a bit with some soy sauce and some Grace's hot sauce.

2024-10-23 Fridge soup and smoked salmon on rugbrød2.jpg

I had some good Baja fish tacos at Pappasito's today at DFW Airport. They cost way too much, but they were very good, in spite of being tilapia -- an okay fish, but there is better.

1729734053121.jpeg

I had a really good BLT at this hole-in-the-wall bar next to my hotel for dinner. I think they charged me $8.99 for it, with fries. I go there whenever I'm in town. They know my name when I come in. No photo -- it was too dark.

CD

Last edited:
Mushroom Ravioli with a tomato sauce (forget whihc). Gonna have to divvy the rest of the sauce and freeze it. If I don't, for sure it will have little growths on it next time I open it.

Back
Top Bottom