Fried Shrimp:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roxy15

Cook
Fried Shrimp:

I use my Presto Daddy Deep Fat Fryer to make the shrimp.

***Depending on how many shrimp you have, you might have to adjust amount of ingredients. I eyeballed them!

Heat Oil In Presto Daddy Deep Fat Fryer.

Ingredients:

Deli Shrimp-(However Many You Need)

2 Eggs, Beaten-(I Just Put The Eggs In A Bowl & Whisked Them)

1/2 Cup All-Purpose Flour

Pinch Of Salt

1/2 Tsp. Ground Black Pepper, Or To Taste

Garlic Salt, To Taste

Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning, To Taste

Saltine Crackers, Crushed/(Eyeballed It)/Put In Ziplock Bag; Seal & Pound Using A Meat Tenderizer

Vegetable Oil

Lemon Wedges-(Opt.)

Sliced Green Onions-(Opt.)

1. In a bowl, combine flour, garlic salt, Creole Seasoning, salt and pepper; stir.

2. Crack the eggs in another bowl; whisk.

3. Put crackers in a zip-loc bag and crush them. I did it the easy way!

4. Put Saltine Crackers in a zip-loc bag; seal bag. Take a meat tenderizer and pound the Saltine Crackers into very small pieces.

5. Put the shrimp in the flour mixture, then dip them in eggs.

6. Put shrimp in zip-loc bag that has the crushed crackers;add some more Creole Seasoning; shake to coat.

7. Put shrimp into preheated Fry Daddy, fry until light brown-(1-2 minutes.)

8. Put shrimp on a paper towel-lined plate.

9. Serve with Seafood Sauce, lemon wedges and sliced green onions.

Attachments

• IMG_4574.png
    IMG_4574.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
What are Deli-Shrimp?
I purchase my shrimp by size listed on the bags.
Ex. 20-30 mean there are approx. 20 to 30 shrimp per pound also listed as XLarge. Or 32-40 per pound as Large. Those are the two sizes I normally buy.

What are Deli-Shrimp?
I purchase my shrimp by size listed on the bags.
Ex. 20-30 mean there are approx. 20 to 30 shrimp per pound also listed as XLarge. Or 32-40 per pound as Large. Those are the two sizes I normally buy.
For the heck of it, I Googled "deli shrimp" and most of what came up was the shrimp cocktail rings, like the pic attached. That's all I could find. I personally buy my shrimp raw. So I'm not sure if Roxy meant something else or intentionally meant to use pre-cooked shrimp.

The recipe sounds great but, again, I would use raw shrimp.

Attachments

• 0074164305389.jpg
    0074164305389.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 18
For the heck of it, I Googled "deli shrimp" and most of what came up was the shrimp cocktail rings, like the pic attached. That's all I could find. I personally buy my shrimp raw. So I'm not sure if Roxy meant something else or intentionally meant to use pre-cooked shrimp.

The recipe sounds great but, again, I would use raw shrimp.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who had never heard of Deli Shrimp. My first thought was like Linda's, those little precooked shrimps used for shrimp cocktail. :unsure:

CD

So, Linda, then I too had to try google - came up with such a variety of answers, from paste to salad shrimp bought at the deli! Most referred to tiny salad shrimp.

So, Linda, then I too had to try google - came up with such a variety of answers, from paste to salad shrimp bought at the deli! Most referred to tiny salad shrimp.
Yes, I saw a few of those types as well.

*shrug*

Maybe Roxy will chime in and let us know what it actually means.

Forget Google. Check your favorite grocery store site. I bought raw shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails off, size 50-60 at Wally World for my Snapper Romano. I also bought frozen sliced mushrooms, 10oz bag, which I didn't even know existed until yesterday.

Forget Google. Check your favorite grocery store site. I bought raw shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails off, size 50-60 at Wally World for my Snapper Romano. I also bought frozen sliced mushrooms, 10oz bag, which I didn't even know existed until yesterday.
Well, we Googled it because we wanted to know what Roxy meant by "deli shrimp", since we had never heard of it before.

the original post was How to make fried shrimp. Get what raw shrimp you can. frozen are fine.

But my recipe uses Louisana Brand unseasoned corn meal fish fry.

Just roll the shrimp in it, let rest for 30 min. no eggs, no mess.

then deep fry.

they are very good if you butterfly the shrimp.

And cocktail sauce with horse radish is my fave!

Eric, Austin Tx.

Back
Top Bottom