Friday 9th - TGIF meals!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jade Emperor

Sous Chef
Ptad Thai Goong đŸ« 

IMG_0715.jpeg

Thank God you ate more than that. I thought-I'd starve with such a little serving. :LOL:

I had a big plate of air fryer oil free french fries, a little more lasagna, and for a later snack some guacamole on baked tortillas.

@blissful oh, believe me - you wouldn’t ever starve in my house!
I come from a background where us ten-pound-poms integrated freely with Italian and Greek immigrants.
The local greeting wasn’t a handshake - it was “EAT!!”
I have always made far too much food for my people. It’s why I was made head chef at the buffet in the international hotel in which I worked for 20 years.
I can make big delicious meals with my eyes closed haha

Supper tonight will be a special menu item for which I received the recipe from the chef at Scoma's on Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco. Snapper Romano with brown rice and asparagus spears.

Snapper Romano​

Ingredients:
For the fish -
  • 4 Pacific snapper fillets
  • 2 Tbs light olive oil
  • 1 tsp granulated garlic
  • salt and fresh ground black pepper
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp onion powder
For the sauce -
  • 1 tsp garlic, minced
  • Âœ tsp lemon juice
  • 2 Tbs butter, cubed and slightly chilled
  • 2 Tbs yellow onion, sliced
  • 2 Tbs Mushroom, sliced
  • 1 tsp Italian seasoning
  • 1 cup cocktail shrimp, cooked, deveined, tails off
  • salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
  • 2 cups tomato sauce
Instructions:

Preheat oven to 250F. Dry the fillets with paper towels. In a small bowl, add salt, pepper,onion powder and granulated garlic to the flour and whisk to combine.

In a sauté pan, heat the oil over medium high until shimmering. Dredge fillets in flour mixture and sauté until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove the fish to an oven safe plate and place in the 250F oven to keep warm.

Reduce the heat to medium, Add onion and sauté until soft. Add the garlic, mushrooms and Italian seasoning and sauté an additional 45 to 60seconds. Remove the pan from the heat, add the lemon juice and butter, and swirl the pan until butter just melts. Add the tomato sauce and bring to a boil. Remove pan from the heat, add shrimp and stir to heat through. Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste.

Plate the fillets and pour sauce over each. Serve with brown rice and asparagus spears.

Guess I should have said, drumsticks I had just cooked and one was sacrificed as a taste test. :mrgreen: But here it's only late-mid-afternoon (new word for your dictionary). So there is still hope for the chop I defrosted earlier. Maybe yes, maybe not.

OOMG, Sir LOB! that sounds delicious!
Could yo please also post it as an individual recipe - under Fish/Seafood I guess. I know I'll never find it here when I go to look for it.

Just reread - only 2 Tablespoons of mushrooms?
well, think I would do a lot more than that, but in either case, sounds great!

Supper tonight will be a special menu item for which I received the recipe from the chef at Scoma's on Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco. Snapper Romano with brown rice and asparagus spears.

Snapper Romano​

Ingredients:
For the fish -
  • 4 Pacific snapper fillets
  • 2 Tbs light olive oil
  • 1 tsp granulated garlic
  • salt and fresh ground black pepper
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp onion powder
For the sauce -
  • 1 tsp garlic, minced
  • Âœ tsp lemon juice
  • 2 Tbs butter, cubed and slightly chilled
  • 2 Tbs yellow onion, sliced
  • 2 Tbs Mushroom, sliced
  • 1 tsp Italian seasoning
  • 1 cup cocktail shrimp, cooked, deveined, tails off
  • salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
  • 2 cups tomato sauce
Instructions:

Preheat oven to 250F. Dry the fillets with paper towels. In a small bowl, add salt, pepper,onion powder and granulated garlic to the flour and whisk to combine.

In a sauté pan, heat the oil over medium high until shimmering. Dredge fillets in flour mixture and sauté until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove the fish to an oven safe plate and place in the 250F oven to keep warm.

Reduce the heat to medium, Add onion and sauté until soft. Add the garlic, mushrooms and Italian seasoning and sauté an additional 45 to 60seconds. Remove the pan from the heat, add the lemon juice and butter, and swirl the pan until butter just melts. Add the tomato sauce and bring to a boil. Remove pan from the heat, add shrimp and stir to heat through. Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste.

Plate the fillets and pour sauce over each. Serve with brown rice and asparagus spears.
That sounds absolutely delicious.
Please vacuum pack and send to me, but label “NOT FOOD!”
đŸ€Ł

Yesterday I tried a new recipe for a zucchini tart. All the comments were very positive. I made it and it was pretty good. But, as I kept eating it got worse. Today, I threw out the other half. It reminded me too much of vegetarian fake meat, that friends would serve, back when I was a vegetarian over 45 years ago. I think that fake meat must have traumatized me to have such an effect this much later. So, what does that have to do with tonight's supper? I had a veggie burger. I had one before, out of the same package and really liked it. Well, today it was not enjoyable. In fact it also reminded me of that vegetarian fake meat. I couldn't even finish by burger. I got just over half way through it and no appetite left. I left it on my plate, in case I get hungry later. But, I won't have it. I will chuck it in the garbage. I cannot remember the last time I threw away food because I disliked it. Nope, not gonna try to finish that.

So, I might have an egg and some greens later or maybe just a sandwich.

I told Craig we could go out for an early dinner last night, being Friday, or we could go to grocery and pick up the produce that apparently got left at the cashier's, over $10 worth, or a Tovala meal. He choose out of course. Went to an Italian joint about minutes away. They are okay, nothing special.

I had a Cobb salad. OMG, there were 5 or 6 whole pieces of thick cut bacon, plus the chicken. The pugs got 2 whole pieces to divide up. Made them happy. I had 2 glasses of pinot grigio since wine was BOGO. That made me 😊.

Craig got meatball sliders on garlic rolls for an appy. Lasagna for main. Of course, we both had regular garlic rolls too.

Back
Top Bottom