Creamy Cajun Shrimp & Crawfish Enchiladas:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roxy15

Cook
I haven’t made this! One if my favorite things to order at a Mexican restaurant is shrimp enchiladas.

I’ve been searching for recipes to make it and I ran across this recipe.

It looks good and sounds good to me.

Creamy Cajun Shrimp & Crawfish Enchiladas:

Ingredients:

For The Filling:

1-lb. Large Fresh Shrimp, Peeled & Deveined

1-lb. Crawfish Tails, Cleaned

2 T. Olive Oil

1 Medium Onion, Finely Chopped

1 Bell Pepper-(Any Color), Finely Chopped

3 Cloves Garlic, Minced

1-(10-oz.)-Can Diced Tomatoes With Green Chilies, Drained

1 Tsp. Cajun Seasoning

1/2 Tsp. Smoked Paprika

1/2 Tsp. Salt

1/4 Tsp. Black Pepper

1/2 Cup Heavy Cream

1 Cup Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese

8 Large Flour Tortillas

For The Sauce:

4 T. Butter

4 T. Flour

2 Cups Chicken Broth

1 Cup Heavy Cream

1 Tsp. Cajun Seasoning

1/2 Tsp. Garlic Powder

1/2 Tsp. Onion Powder

Salt & Pepper, To Taste

1 Cup Shredded Monterey Jack Cheesd

Instructions:

Filling:

Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).

Cook Seafood:

In a large skillet, heat the Olive Oil over medium heat.

Add the shrimp and crawfish tails, and cook until the shrimp are pink and opaque, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from the skillet and set aside.

Sauté Veggies:

In the same skillet, add the onion and bell pepper. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes until fragrant.

Combine Ingredients:

Stir in the diced tomatoes, Cajun Seasoning, smoked paprika, salt, and black pepper. Cook for another 2 minutes.

Make It Creamy:

Reduce the heat to low and stir in the heavy cream. Cook until the mixture thickens slightly. Remove from heat and stir in the shrimp, crawfish, and 1 cup of shredded Monterey Jack Cheese; mix well.

Sauce:

Make The Roux:

In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat

Whisk in the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes until bubbly and lightly golden.

Add Liquid:

Slowly whisk in the chicken broth and heavy cream.

Continue to whisk until the mixture is smooth and thickened.

Season and Finish:

Stir in the Cajun Seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.

Remove from heat and stir in the shredded Monterey Jack Cheese until melted and smooth.

Assemble:

1. Fill Tortillas:

Spoon a generous amount of the filling mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll them up and place them seam-side down in a greased 9x13-inch baking dish.

2. Top With Sauce:

Pour the creamy sauce over the enchiladas, making sure they are well covered,
Bake:

Cover with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.l

Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and slightly golden.

Garnish-(Optional)

Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro, green onions, or a squeeze of lime juice.

Side Suggestions:

Serve with a side of Mexican Rice, Refried Beans and/ora fresh green salad.

Attachments

• IMG_4597.jpeg
    IMG_4597.jpeg
    107 KB · Views: 25
Why are you posting recipes that you haven't tried? If you just want to be able to find the recipes later, even if the website goes away, you could use a free app (for mobile devices and a web version for computers) called Copy Me That. A number of the members here use that, enough that we usually just write CMT.

Why are you posting recipes that you haven't tried? If you just want to be able to find the recipes later, even if the website goes away, you could use a free app (for mobile devices and a web version for computers) called Copy Me That. A number of the members here use that, enough that we usually just write CMT.

That's interesting to know about. I converted from Now You're Cooking to Paprika some years ago.

Same idea of being able to download recipes straight from the web along with being able to scale. Seems it might be a lot more flexible as far as editing, scaling amounts, etc.

I haven't tried Paprika because, there is no free version, or at least there wasn't the last time I looked. I know there is at least one regular on DC who uses Paprika and is happy with it. I tried the free version of Copy Me That and liked it enough that after about a year, I paid for the premium version.

Free unless you store more than 50 recipes... by that I think they're pretty sure if you've been using it for up to 50 recipes, you're going to be happy with it and spring for the full version.

$5 for the full version if running it on mobile devices i.e. that will run it on my 10" tablet on the shelf above where while I'm cooking. If I'm going crazy I can use split screen to run the video for what I'm doing on the one side while working my way through the ingredients list and instructions on the other side. Same license will also run it off my cellphones or other same platform mobile devices. Your mobile watch I guess.

I liked it so much I paid the additional (now increased to $30) for my full sized computer. For that you get a bunch of licenses. My wife and I each have one license on each of our home computers, I gave a license to both of my younger brothers as they're also adventuresome pirates in the kitchen, and another license to a cousin who used to be a commercial cook before now moving on and now has a hobby of trying wildly different recipes he finds all over the world.

Both versions save your recipes to the same cloud account if you wish, or you can have mobile device recipes in one spot on the cloud and home computer recipes in another spot, then use email to share recipes between them.

I love it for what it allows you to do as far as saving recipes you've found, editing, scaling, having links to other recipes within a recipe, etc. I can't offer any opinion on its meal planning, shopping, etc functions as I've never even given them a look.

I think it's well worth a look; up to 50 recipes within it for free and then $5 if you want the full version on your mobile devices of whatever size they are.

Attachments

• _.00.HHHHH.jpg
    _.00.HHHHH.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 13
Free unless you store more than 50 recipes... by that I think they're pretty sure if you've been using it for up to 50 recipes, you're going to be happy with it and spring for the full version.

$5 for the full version if running it on mobile devices i.e. that will run it on my 10" tablet on the shelf above where while I'm cooking. If I'm going crazy I can use split screen to run the video for what I'm doing on the one side while working my way through the ingredients list and instructions on the other side. Same license will also run it off my cellphones or other same platform mobile devices. Your mobile watch I guess.

I liked it so much I paid the additional (now increased to $30) for my full sized computer. For that you get a bunch of licenses. My wife and I each have one license on each of our home computers, I gave a license to both of my younger brothers as they're also adventuresome pirates in the kitchen, and another license to a cousin who used to be a commercial cook before now moving on and now has a hobby of trying wildly different recipes he finds all over the world.

Both versions save your recipes to the same cloud account if you wish, or you can have mobile device recipes in one spot on the cloud and home computer recipes in another spot, then use email to share recipes between them.

I love it for what it allows you to do as far as saving recipes you've found, editing, scaling, having links to other recipes within a recipe, etc. I can't offer any opinion on its meal planning, shopping, etc functions as I've never even given them a look.

I think it's well worth a look; up to 50 recipes within it for free and then $5 if you want the full version on your mobile devices of whatever size they are.
I'm glad that you have something that you really like. I also have some that I really like and that works very well for me.

I also love CMT, and after a few months, paid for the lifetime subscription, which was only $24.99 USD. It's awesome when people find apps they are happy with. Another app mentioned long ago on DC was OurGroceries. I use it every single day/week.

Back
Top Bottom