Chinese people and food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SEEING-TO-BELIEVE

Head Chef
do you, like me, feel really frustrated because a lot of people, like the chinese can't participate in these forums or the free speech web in general?
just imagine how beneficial it could be...........

It's definitely a valid point. However I think the language barrier could be a reason that they are not present here.

In the broader picture, the political disagreements between the west and them could be another major reason.

Apart from that, here is some input I have from my observances. Chinese and Russians have their popular search engines built for their countries. Web developers index their websites on Google and Bing, and sometimes on Yandex, but not very much on Chinese search consoles. That could be another reason.

Then there's an example, a genuine one: Recently Supercell cut off the Chinese from their common Clash of Clans server and put them in a Chinese server. Today no Chinese players are found in multiplayer match making because the two sections are physically put in two different servers. Every player wants the Chinese back in the common server but Supercell wouldn't. Supercell's explanation (rumoured) is that the Chinese authorities want the data of Chinese players inside China.

Whatever the reason is, having people from different parts of the world would only enrich the knowledge and enhance the experience for everyone.

Last edited:
We do have Asian members, who speak English.
We do have Spanish, Italian, South American members who all speak English.

German, French, Scandinavian who all speak English.

The African countries, Middle East countries. Many and every inbetween.

Please do not let this thread become political, even on the Back Porch. Thanks.

We do have Asian members, who speak English.
We do have Spanish, Italian, South American members who all speak English.

German, French, Scandinavian who all speak English.

The African countries, Middle East countries. Many and every inbetween.

Please do not let this thread become political, even on the Back Porch. Thanks.
I am from Sri Lanka, a small island nation in the Indian ocean. One cannot be more Asian than that. lol. If a person from an unheard of island can be on this forum, then big countries should have no problem at all.:LOL::LOL:
Anyway, Baidu is the most used search engine in China, and it covers 79 per cent of their search which says a lot about this question. Only the admin of the site would know if the site has been indexed on Baidu search console.
The main reason as I said could be the language. Although there are many users of the English language, still Asian countries such as China, Japan, and Korea have less users of it I guess. This is very much different from other Asian countries such as India, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Malaysia etc.
No, no, no politics at all.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom