Chicken & Waffles Lays Potato Chips Review....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kleenex

Master Chef
Yes folks the three Do Us A Flavor Finalists are out and you know I just had to pick up each flavor to try out.

The big bags are 9.5 ounces of chips.

I thought I would save what I thought was going to be the worst flavor for first and BOOOOY is this a strange flavor.

Brown Sugar is an ingredient in this package so maybe that was what I was tasting????

I certainly could not taste the chicken flavor and the waffle flavor at all.

All I would up tasting was this maple syrup sorta type flavor. And a bad one at that. A bad off-brand crappy tasting maple syrup type flavor.

My first trip eating this chip I really wanted to give this chip a thumbs down as that the taste was really odd, the aftertaste was really odd, even the smell was off.

On my second trip through them one day later they tasted a bit better, but this flavor was still odd.

Their are some people online that say they like this chip. I say it should have never been made. I would like Michael And Eva to come out and defend this flavor.

In the end I will give this item a minor thumbs down. YES readers a Lays product got a thumbs down from me.

That doesn't sound good to me to begin with. Some flavours just can't be faked lol!

What brands of chips ar most popular there? Just wondering if we have the same brands in SA.

We have Lay's, Pringles, Fritos, Simba, Willards, O'Grady's (Made by Simba), Ruffles and Kettle Brand. Various cheap ones too.

That doesn't sound good to me to begin with. Some flavours just can't be faked lol!

What brands of chips ar most popular there? Just wondering if we have the same brands in SA.

We have Lay's, Pringles, Fritos, Simba, Willards, O'Grady's (Made by Simba), Ruffles and Kettle Brand. Various cheap ones too.

In the USA we have too many brands to speak of.

All of the major Lays brands, the cape cod chips, the kettle brand chips, Utz, Herrs, Terra, Wise brand.

A bunch of high quality smaller brands that include Dirty's, Zapp's, Route 11.

ANDDDD WAYYYY to many small brands to post.

I tried the Sriracha and the Garlic Bread flavors today.
The Garlic Bread flavor isn't too bad. I can actually taste that
distinctive slightly burned cheese flavor and a hint of Parmesan
cheese.

The Sriracha is a MAJOR FAIL. No resemblance to Sriracha at all. These are just
their Sweet Thai flavor repackaged. Sweet and slightly tangy, with none of that
garlicy, spicy goodness of Sriracha. Which isn't surprising considering two of the
ingredients include sour cream solids and swiss cheese. Huh????

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom