Chicken Sausage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks great Nick! How long did it take you to make all of that?

By the way.................nice hat [smilie=a_goodjob.gif] ;)

Puff said:

Way to long. I had trouble stuffing these with the grinder. The chicken is a lot moister than pork and it was hard to stuff down the throat of the grinder when I was stuffing. Took about 4 hours from grinding to clean up. Got to get me one of those sausage stuffers that Witt has!

Nick,

All three recipes call for chicken with skin, do you grind the skin of the chicken also?

Nice hat!!!!!!!

brian j said:
impressive and nice hat! i'm surprised puff didn't pick up on that. :?

Puff did...he mentioned it in his post. [smilie=a_whyme.gif] [smilie=a_whyme.gif]

Nick Prochilo said:
Puff said:

Way to long. I had trouble stuffing these with the grinder. The chicken is a lot moister than pork and it was hard to stuff down the throat of the grinder when I was stuffing. Took about 4 hours from grinding to clean up. Got to get me one of those sausage stuffers that Witt has!
79 bucks http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/ ... _200308623
I wish I had got one 10 years ago! Worth every cent! We did 10 pounds in less than 15 min. It's on sale this month for 74.99

Bruce B said:
Nick,

All three recipes call for chicken with skin, do you grind the skin of the chicken also?

Nice hat!!!!!!!
Yeah Bruce, I used the skin. The little bit of fat the chicken has is under the skin. I froze the skin before I ground it and it was perfect.

wittdog said:
Looks great Nick...how did it taste? What part of the chicken did you use?
Thighs. Best bang for the buck and they are easy to de-bone.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Good stuff Nick! If you get a chance would you post the recipes? Nice link job also. [smilie=a_goodjob.gif]

Chris, right here http://www.bbq-4-u.com/viewforum.php?f=45

I cooked some of the sausage tonight. I was looking the most forward to the Herbes de Provence. They were good but the Roman style stole the show! The Chardonnay with Apples was good but I think next time I won't grind the apples so fine. All of the recipes could have used more salt, not a lot just a little more.

Aaron said:
They have them at www.grizzly.com for $59.Type stuffer into the search box.
Aaron

Thanks Aaron, I just ordered one. I checked out three of them (including the one from sausagemaker) and they all seem to be made exactly the same. Probably came from the same manufacturer but Grizzly had the best price.

If your not smoking the sausage would you want to use a binder?
I used a binder once on some sausage I wasn't going to smoke just grill and I didn't care for the finsished texture...JM .02

Peter said:
wittdog said:
If your not smoking the sausage would you want to use a binder?
I used a binder once on some sausage I wasn't going to smoke just grill and I didn't care for the finsished texture...JM .02

I use a binder in virtually all my sausage (soy protein meal) and really don't notice any difference in the finished texture - smoked or grilled. It does keep the sausage more moist, I find, and reduces shrinkage.
Doesnt' the binder make for a firmer sausage...

Couple of weeks ago I was at the Canadian store for Northern Tools up here.I got 6 ez-ups for $69.99/each and a 5lb horn stuffer for $7.99. :D They are moving and dont want to take the inventory with them.
That was a good day,local super market has butts for a buck a pound this week so I will be pulling out the grinder and taking the stuffer for a test.
Aaron

I have a 8 pound horn stuffer that is a POS! any one wants it, Ill give it away, You pay for shipping. :LOL: good to keep the door open though. that's all it's good for. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom