Better/healthier alternative to brown rice?(carbohydrates)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi, I recently heard rice is very starchy so I don't want to eat it for healthy carbs as I may have mentioned in earlier threads starch/high starch is bad for the teeth like potatoes, so I am avoiding eating brown rice for now. If its true what would you all suggest to replace the brown rice? If it's not true, Then I eventually do want to add it to my food regimen.

Whole grains are better for humans than more processed grain. For rice, brown is better than white. You can instead eat potatoes w/skin, or other grains, or beans/legumes, or any of the more starchy vegetables.
Best to worst, information about grains. Brenda Davis on the Hierarchy of Grains.

If you are worried about starch damaging your teeth, then just brush your teeth after that meal. You don't even need to bother with toothpaste unless you want to. Just the mechanical action of the toothbrush, followed by a good rinse will get those starches out of your mouth and away from your teeth. Heck, a good rinse is probably plenty.

Whole grains are better for humans than more processed grain. For rice, brown is better than white. You can instead eat potatoes w/skin, or other grains, or beans/legumes, or any of the more starchy vegetables.
Best to worst, information about grains. Brenda Davis on the Hierarchy of Grains.
How long is that video? We're having modem problems, so I'm using my phone data and I don't want to use a lot of data, at the moment, on a video that isn't short.

I would start by looking at the content of my meals or overall diet.

1688357845162.png

A reasonable plan can include portions of almost any food unless you have specific medical conditions.

If you want/need to avoid starchy foods specifically try swapping them out for other ‘filler’ foods like cauliflower rice, shredded cabbage, etc…

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom