Are broth cubes as good as store-bought liquid broth?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LOL, msmofet, as much as I wanted to toss them - their expense saved them. Gave them to my DIL.
I like a cube of chicken flavour in with my rice cooker. (yes, I dissolve it first) If I've forgotten one I use the Knorr concentrate (liquid bottle). Either chicken, beef or even the vegetable one - depends on what the main meal is going to be.
taxy, the tiny square of paper used to wrap the cubes, when collecting them all to compare to the glass/metal jars, plastic bottles, plasticized cartons, I think comes out more of a winner just for sheer quantities. IMHO (but not falling down that rabbit hole researching it).

Bouillon cubes usually have a lot of salt, artificial additives, and preservatives, while liquid broth contains more nutrients like vitamins and minerals from the ingredients.

Bouillon cubes usually have a lot of salt, artificial additives, and preservatives, while liquid broth contains more nutrients like vitamins and minerals from the ingredients.

BTB ingredients for the chicken.

ROASTED CHICKEN, SALT, SUGAR, CORN SYRUP SOLIDS, HYDROLYZED SOY PROTEIN, DRIED WHEY (MILK), FLAVORING, FOOD STARCH, DISODIUM INOSINATE AND DISODIUM GUANYLATE, TURMERIC. ALLERGENS: MILK, SOYBEANS.

Back
Top Bottom