Anybody eating? Thursday, August 15, 2024

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Purchased chicken Kiev and couscous pilaf using onion, celery, mushrooms, garlic and pine nuts.

20240815_180330.jpg

I made another batch of that lentil/frekeh salad, mainly for a friend that is visiting Saturday, that asked for that specifically, when I asked if she wanted anything in particular. Plus some brownies.
I only ate a small amount of the salad today (plus the end of that pasta salad, with another friend's help), but still have close to 4 qts of it in the fridge.

I pooped myself out working on soggy boxes in the basement and hauling garbage to the curb. So, I decided to keep it simple and had breakfast for supper. Bacon, rainbow chard, a duck egg cooked on top of the chard, and wholemeal and sunflower seed toast. It hit the spot.
Edited to correct typo.

2024-08-15 breakfast for supper 1.jpg

Last edited:
Using peppers, eggplant, and a few tomatoes from the garden, I added ground beef, some hot Italian sausage, and crushed tomatoes to make a spicy meat sauce for pasta. I will never be able to recreate it as I would taste and adjust over the four hours of simmering. Taste....it needs more acidity - added lemon. 30 minutes later... it needs umami - a splash of fish sauce. 30 minutes later...it needs more garlic - added garlic. Etc. But I am happy with how it turned out and I made enough sauce to freeze for another dinner sometime!

20240815_140438.jpg
20240815_174458 (2).jpg

I pooped myself out working on soggy boxes in the basement and hauling garbage to the curb. So, I decided to keep it simple and had breakfast for supper. Bacon, rainbow chard, a duck egg cooked on top of the chard, and wholemeal and sunflower seed toast. It hit the spot.
Edited to correct typo.
But, taxy, at least you cooked! Not easy to do on your own and pooped out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom