Advice on buying a non-electric pressure cooker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SEEING-TO-BELIEVE

Head Chef
it is mostly intended for legumes.
i've induction stove.
there is a recipe for soaked beans [kind of a chili] that you cook for 6 hours in ordinary pot.
will pressure cooker give the same taste and texture in its end result in the pressure cooker too..?

anyhow..
do you recommend ikea's pressure cooker? my concern is that you can't find repairing parts for it after purchase like insulation..

please assist.. i want to know if i should buy it..

btw. i've an instant pot that doesn't works well anymore.. this time i think i will need a non electric.......

im from israel so no all options from amazon are ok and will take a long time to arrive anyway..

thank you in advance :)

Last edited:
Be sure whatever metal the pressure cooker is made of is good for your induction burner. I found some pans that say they are good but are really not. It will not change the flavour, texture is up to you in however long you cook it for, no?
You will have to be with your pressure cooker while using it. It needs to be monitored. So personally I think you would be better off getting a new Instant pot.
They are both using electricity.

so you are saying that taste and texture of pressure cooking the same as slow cooking? im not sure if this is what you said and if its true.. it takes less than half the time for presure cooking and flavors and texturr might be less good.... not sure if i understand..

i think this model is ok with induction. but it doesnt mentions induction. they say 'magnetic stove'. is that the same thing?

i remember there are other brands too. i will try to search to see..

@SEEING-TO-BELIEVE
Are you asking if a stove top pressure cooker will give the same results (taste/texture) as an instant pot?
Yes it will. You can adjust the heat and timing on a stove top pressure canner.

As you probably already know, the timing affects the texture and some beans need more and some beans need less.
With my current beans the little black beans and northern beans cook much faster than small red beans, soybeans, and kidney beans.

@SEEING-TO-BELIEVE
Are you asking if a stove top pressure cooker will give the same results (taste/texture) as an instant pot?
Yes it will. You can adjust the heat and timing on a stove top pressure canner.

As you probably already know, the timing affects the texture and some beans need more and some beans need less.
With my current beans the little black beans and northern beans cook much faster than small red beans, soybeans, and kidney beans.
no
regular cooking vs pressure

thank you all for the information
i will buy the ikea one....

@SEEING-TO-BELIEVE thank you.
Before I bought my IP, I cooked beans on the stove in a regular pot, for an hour or two hours, however long it took to get the beans to be soft on the inside but keep their shape.
They taste the same and have the same texture as a stove top pressure cooker.

tnx
one of the recipes i want to make is a bean stew in which the beans are almost falling apart..
this is why it takes 6 hours in regular cooking.

i've now two option for non electric one..
-the ikea one [huge company and made in china]
-a soltam brand one [which is not a huge company but still made in china.]

in the past i had a lagostina which was made in italy..

i'm not sure if i should go on soltam or ikea's..

i just know one thing.
the people in a certain group on facebook that is about cooking and in hebrew might help because they are local....
but unfortunately they don't allow me to ask or say anything in this group.. just to read as a facebook user..

if you could have asked them for me it could have also been wonderful..

this is the link if you are interested to ask for me..

Back
Top Bottom