What is the best tomato lasagne using dried pasta?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can avoid the cheese with a tofu mixture. Crumble it for a layer. Or add some seasoning to tofu in a food processor, add some fresh spinach, spread the resulting green/white paste over a layer. Another substitute for cheese in lasagna, white beans whole or mashed with or without seasoning. What seasoning? I use garlic, basil, oregano, ground fennel seed, onion powder and the least bit of salt or soy sauce you can use, to your taste.

lazania

Attachments

• 65663b90-787a-40d6-8a27-b2b83758c61a.jpeg
    65663b90-787a-40d6-8a27-b2b83758c61a.jpeg
    129.6 KB · Views: 8
next time can i add this to the ragu or it might destroy the lasagna?

Attachments

• 0878161e-9ae5-4f41-9e8e-8530bac62242.jpeg
    0878161e-9ae5-4f41-9e8e-8530bac62242.jpeg
    117.3 KB · Views: 7
There are so many variations of lasagna and variations and personal taste that the question of best is meaningless. You must first provide your criteria of what qualifies that is best in your view. And you started with the comment about not so much cheese but you need to continue on.

For me the baked browned cheese and crispy bits of exposed noodles are the best part of lasagna.

But most of the time when I make it anymore it's the skillet shortcut variety of lasagna because it takes so much less assembly and work

There are so many variations of lasagna and variations and personal taste that the question of best is meaningless. You must first provide your criteria of what qualifies that is best in your view. And you started with the comment about not so much cheese but you need to continue on.

For me the baked browned cheese and crispy bits of exposed noodles are the best part of lasagna.

But most of the time when I make it anymore it's the skillet shortcut variety of lasagna because it takes so much less assembly and work
What's the skillet shortcut?

Thanks @thymeless. I told my DH and he said that he had had that. He said it tasted good, but wasn't lasagna. That baked lasagna tastes different. When I think about it, I think he is probably right. Even though, it has all the ingredients of lasagna. It is however a very useful way to get the pasta cooked without having to use a separate pot and that is worth a lot to me.

I agree that baked pasta tastes different. It has time to take on flavors and tends to lose liquid rather than gain it, at least on top.

I often give it a broil finish but a bit away from the heat to get the browned cheese and pasta. Still a one pot dish though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom