Now I've done it or why I was never my mother's favorite child

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey, guys! I've just been going nuts over deliveries and things. I can't remember if I told anyone what was going on with them. Here's a sampling: I stupidly got Wellcare for a Medicare plan. The doctor I chose is nowhere to be found. Then the doctor they found me was in Kent, about 70 miles from me. I wanted to unenroll and was told I needed to write a letter. I did, last month. Apparently they ignored it and sent me a card with the unexistent doctor's name. I cut it up and send it to them with a VERY strongly worded letter that it was to their advantage to UNENROLL me. NOW.
I sent that letter a week ago Friday, with overnight delivery and to be signed upon receipt. According to the tracking number, that letter reached Tampa, FL, last Thursday. But it wasn't delivered. It is now in Cleveland, Ohio, and is awaiting delivery as of yesterday. I'd sure love to see them deliver it from Cleveland.

And that was just the tip of the iceberg. Anyone want to hear about my adventures with Swiss Colony?

There is success with the freezer, though! The metal bar bends outward in the middle and so I got one pork roast out. It slid over the bar. Then it was a matter of sliding the other pork roast over (with a hammer) and bending the bar again and this pork roast slid under the bar.

Anyone can come over for eats. I won't take the kitchen table out till tomorrow or the day after. And yes, bring chairs. But I have lots of plasticware to eat with.

But I'm not cooking a roast for the Christmas. I went down to the Mexican restaurant and got a chicken tostada and chicken nachos for Christmas dinner. I also asked for them to make me a non-alcoholic margarita to go too, only because I knew they couldn't make an alcoholic one to go. Too bad, too. I sure could have used that tequila.

Jusa, I'm a she. The ultimate drama queen.

Thank you, everyone, for being with me in spirit. I was on another forum this morning (a far more contentious one than this one) and one of the posters informed me that "there's no hunger in America" and someone else told me "if children are hungry in America, it's because they have abusive parents". Well, I couldn't let that slide so I let loose a little and I did have to remind myself it was Christmas eve day, so I showed some - not a lot, but some - restraint. Then I was called a parasite who complains about free things (at the expense of the taxpayer - apparently I wasn't paying taxes my whole life when I was working, who knew LOL - just because I mentioned the $23 I get in food stamps.

So for you guys to say you're thinking of me is enough to make me start bawling a little. I wish you all the happiest of holidays and I hope you all get what you want from Santa.

And tomorrow it's chicken nachos for breakfast! Yay! Then I'm going back to bed.
Merry Xmas. How were the chicken nachos for breakfast?

I'm glad to read that you managed to rescue your pork loins.

Jusa, I'm a she. The ultimate drama queen.

Thank you, everyone, for being with me in spirit. I was on another forum this morning (a far more contentious one than this one) and one of the posters informed me that "there's no hunger in America" and someone else told me "if children are hungry in America, it's because they have abusive parents". Well, I couldn't let that slide so I let loose a little and I did have to remind myself it was Christmas eve day, so I showed some - not a lot, but some - restraint. Then I was called a parasite who complains about free things (at the expense of the taxpayer - apparently I wasn't paying taxes my whole life when I was working, who knew LOL - just because I mentioned the $23 I get in food stamps.

So for you guys to say you're thinking of me is enough to make me start bawling a little. I wish you all the happiest of holidays and I hope you all get what you want from Santa.

And tomorrow it's chicken nachos for breakfast! Yay! Then I'm going back to bed.
Sorry, I know what they say about assume...but a name like rodent raiser made me think you were a guy.

Glad you got your freezer food saved! Happy Christmas!

Sorry, I know what they say about assume...but a name like rodent raiser made me think you were a guy.

Another time, check the person's profile. It often says what gender in the "About" section.

I belonged to a rat, mouse, and hamster club and went to mouse shows all over the Bay Area when I lived there. Surprisingly, most of the people who raised rats and mice were women. I didn't even think of that until I saw your post.

All I ask is that you put no space between the rodent and the raiser. That's because if you search for rodentraiser on Google, someone has something about a rodent raiser and a butt licker and I'd just as soon not be associated with that. You have all my gratitude if you remember that. :love:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom