No graham for cheesecake, no problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gerardj

Senior Cook
I used panko , almond flour, sugar and melted butter, packed in the cake mold and toasted .
costs more but tastes better.

20240111_164358.jpg

20240111_164829.jpg

I hate the crust on any cheesecake. When I make it, I buy the store bought crusts just to bake it in, but when I eat it, I always peel the crust off. I wish there was a way to make it with no crust at all.

But panko sounds good. Maybe I could try that.

I hate the crust on any cheesecake. When I make it, I buy the store bought crusts just to bake it in, but when I eat it, I always peel the crust off. I wish there was a way to make it with no crust at all.

Just use parchment. Crumble it into a little ball, then open it up and form it into your pan. The batter will make it fill out completely into the pan, then bake. I make a crustless pumpkin pie that way all the time.
Another way to make the parchment fit is to cut from the edge towards the middle, doing that all the way around about 8 times on a pie pan, the batter pushes it all down into the shape of the pan.
If you like crunch, sprinkle granola on top.

grease and flour works.

Cheesecake unmolding made very easy, first don't use a springform pan, they create more problems than they solve. prep a regular regular cake pan same as usual, after it completely cools and chills for a few hours .... do this. run a small knife around the sides to make sure its loose , cheesecake shrinks when it bakes so it will be mostly pulled away already.
Theres no need for alum foil around the cake pan to keep water out.
If you wondered how bakeries deal with it, now you know.

Last edited:

I don't like crust on cheesecake either. I butter my pan and just dust with graham cracker crumbs mixed with cinnamon sugar. No thick crust, just a dusting on bottom and sides.

1705145927224.jpeg

1705145866191.jpeg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom