How long can I leave cooked pork in my car?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaSalmon

Assistant Cook
Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section, but I had trouble finding this exact information online anywhere and this place was the first result online.

I'm working in a warehouse for about another 7 hours and accidentally left my lunch/dinner in my car for about an hour and a half. The macaroni obviously spoiled right away, but the cooked pork and potatoes seem ok and were still somewhat cold. It wasn't very hot out today. Everything was previously refrigerated, and I brought it all in a closed container that was in a bag. The drive was only 10 minutes to work, but leaving it in my car for another hour and twenty minutes was a big oof! It smells ok, and now I've placed it in the fridge we have here.

Is the cooked pork and potatoes still likely edible, or am I doomed to have to sneak out of here and go get something?

(As a side note the macaroni was in a separate container and I've already thrown it away.)

Welcome to Discuss Cooking DaSalmon. I'm not an expert, but I think it is probably okay, since we are talking about less than two hours in the "food temperature danger zone". Be sure to sniff before deciding if you want to eat it, even though that is no guarantee that it's okay.

Here's a Wikipedia article about that, about duration and why it matters.

Danger zone (food safety)

Pork meat can last several hours when well done. And, as someone said, sniffing is the key

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom