Freeze Pizza

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just took two slices out of the freezer for my lunch.
I separate the slices on wax sheets and put in a gallon freezer bag.
When I want some I remove the slices and thaw out.
I never use a microwave to heat. I heat up the slices in the oven at 375f.

My favorite way to heat up frozen pizza slices is to microwave for about 30 seconds, and then put in a toaster oven on toast for 2-3 minutes. I have a Panasonic Flash Express oven which quickly re-crisps the crust and browns the toppings, but the pizza needs to be pretty well thawed for that to happen (hence the microwave step).

Similar to those above I place individual slices of cold leftover in an old bread bag and reheat them from frozen in the toaster oven at 425F for 8-10 minutes.

I prefer this method using slices of good quality fresh pizza over keeping a commercial frozen pizza on hand.

I usually finish a large pizza on night one.

If there is anything left, it is microwaved if lunch and just eaten cold if breakfast.

It doesn't often happen to me that pizza remains either, but if it happens I separate it into slices in aluminum foil and put it in the freezer. When needed, I thaw it in the microwave before spending 3 minutes in the oven.

This only applies to homemade pizza.

Leftover pizza? What's that? Like Chinese food, I can eat it every day until its gone...I reheat it like Scott does... I nuke it for a minute to get the inside warmed up a bit, then finish it in the toaster oven to crisp up the crust..

We get a large for us two. 12 slices. So there is always some left over and I will not take a chance on having to toss any of it.
So into the freezer the left overs go. Then you can have a slice the next day or a slice two weeks later.
And this is take out pizza from our favorite pizza place. Best around.

Does anyone know the best way to freeze pizza?

Do you want to freeze raw pizza or already baked pizza?

Unbaked pizza: Roll out your dough and place on a pizza pan or sheet pan, apply the sauce, toppings and cheese, freeze it uncovered. Once frozen, remove it from the freezer, remove it from the pan, wrap it in a good quality plastic wrap that will stick to something besides itself, and put it back in the freezer until you want to make pizza!

Baked pizza: Wrap each piece individually in plastic wrap or aluminium foil, place in a large ziplock bag and freeze until you want pizza!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom