Advice on buying a non-electric pressure cooker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SEEING-TO-BELIEVE

Head Chef
it is mostly intended for legumes.
i've induction stove.
there is a recipe for soaked beans [kind of a chili] that you cook for 6 hours in ordinary pot.
will pressure cooker give the same taste and texture in its end result in the pressure cooker too..?

anyhow..
do you recommend ikea's pressure cooker? my concern is that you can't find repairing parts for it after purchase like insulation..

please assist.. i want to know if i should buy it..

btw. i've an instant pot that doesn't works well anymore.. this time i think i will need a non electric.......

im from israel so no all options from amazon are ok and will take a long time to arrive anyway..

thank you in advance :)

Last edited:
Be sure whatever metal the pressure cooker is made of is good for your induction burner. I found some pans that say they are good but are really not. It will not change the flavour, texture is up to you in however long you cook it for, no?
You will have to be with your pressure cooker while using it. It needs to be monitored. So personally I think you would be better off getting a new Instant pot.
They are both using electricity.

so you are saying that taste and texture of pressure cooking the same as slow cooking? im not sure if this is what you said and if its true.. it takes less than half the time for presure cooking and flavors and texturr might be less good.... not sure if i understand..

i think this model is ok with induction. but it doesnt mentions induction. they say 'magnetic stove'. is that the same thing?

i remember there are other brands too. i will try to search to see..

Seeing to believe - The Ikea model you listed, if you read the product listing, does say it is made of Stainless Steel. It will work on your stove.

Back
Top Bottom