Snapper Romano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sir_Loin_of_Beef

Chef Extraordinaire

1723249259110.png

Snapper Romano​

Ingredients:

For the fish -
  • 4 Pacific snapper fillets (Note: you can substitute any firm fleshed fish)
  • 2 Tbs light olive oil
  • 1 tsp granulated garlic
  • salt and fresh ground black pepper
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp onion powder
For the sauce -
  • 1 tsp garlic, minced
  • ½ tsp lemon juice
  • 2 Tbs butter, cubed and slightly chilled
  • 2 Tbs yellow onion, sliced
  • 2 Tbs Mushroom, sliced
  • 1 tsp Italian seasoning
  • 1 cup cocktail shrimp, cooked, deveined, tails off
  • salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
  • 2 cups tomato sauce
Instructions:

Preheat oven to 250F. Dry the fillets with paper towels. In a small bowl, add salt, pepper,onion powder and granulated garlic to the flour and whisk to combine.

In a sauté pan, heat the oil over medium high until shimmering. Dredge fillets in flour mixture and sauté until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove the fish to an oven safe plate and place in the 250F oven to keep warm.

Reduce the heat to medium, Add onion and sauté until soft. Add the garlic, mushrooms and Italian seasoning and sauté an additional 45 to 60seconds. Remove the pan from the heat, add the lemon juice and butter, and swirl the pan until butter just melts. Add the tomato sauce and bring to a boil. Remove pan from the heat, add shrimp and stir to heat through. Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste.

Plate the fillets and pour sauce over each. Serve with brown rice and asparagus spears.

It sounds delicious. Is that for four servings?
For adults, one 4oz filet per person. If you have teenagers, your guess is as good as mine!

When my son, Plague of Locusts, was a teenager, he could eat a mixing bowl full of cereal and milk while waiting for me to cook it, then sit down and eat 3 of the 4 filets!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom