Price of Meat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We grow much more than we can use, so the excess goes to a local food pantry. So many of those folks are physically unable to garden, or do not have the space. We are expanding our community/neighborhood!
Dragnlaw, no offense taken because none was given. Continuing to learn is very important, and being bored does lead to problems. I saw that in my mother--"I'm too old to learn"--and being bored she just went over old slights and old problems ad infinitum.
So keep gardening with houseplants, pot plants outside, whatever you can manage, and read and listen and learn. Guaranteed preventive for boredom!

We grow much more than we can use, so the excess goes to a local food pantry. So many of those folks are physically unable to garden, or do not have the space. We are expanding our community/neighborhood!
Dragnlaw, no offense taken because none was given. Continuing to learn is very important, and being bored does lead to problems. I saw that in my mother--"I'm too old to learn"--and being bored she just went over old slights and old problems ad infinitum.
So keep gardening with houseplants, pot plants outside, whatever you can manage, and read and listen and learn. Guaranteed preventive for boredom!
Pot plants, only where it is legal!! Especially outside! ;)

Increase your local network of friends and associates by offering your own talents and skills. (sewing, quilting, canning, small engine repair, candle making, soap making, cooking, baking, wood working, repairing walls, teaching piano, cooking, gardening, mending, services like laundry by the pound, dress making, painting walls and ceilings, reading to others) Even a hobby business brings in new associates and people that are also looking for local talents. These people also look for connections to better prices on 'what you are looking for'.
Look around for 'Farm Direct, your state or province'. There are smaller farmers selling meat direct from the farm. (example: https://www.facebook.com/groups/224812855600346 ) I originally joined there to find grains but it is mostly the sale of meat and animal products.
Go to the farmer's market even if you aren't getting anything that day and connect with others. Take their card, ask them questions. You might be surprised by the things you have in common with them. The most unlikely connection might get you connected with a farmer for meats.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom