November 27, 2023-Monday: did you have tasty vittles?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jusa

Sous Chef
I made lamb chops (trimmed and cut from a rack of lamb) marinated in soy, orange juice, ginger, garlic, honey, olive oil, and fresh herbs, and then pan seared to medium rare. I reduced the marinade into a glaze that I drizzled over before serving. Served with salad.

Quite tasty vittles!

20231127_231259.jpg
20231127_231326.jpg

We had the rest of the beef meatloaf and used the chow mein from the Chinese resto order yesterday the veg portion. I rehydrated some brown basmati rice that I dehydrated a month or so ago. It worked pretty well. It's nice to be able to make your own instant rice. I'll have to experiment with the rehydrating part to optimize it.

Someone in my home actually uttered, "I'm kinda done with turkey." I had some delicious turkey stew whereas the other person had pizza. I'm shocked that anyone can be "kinda done with turkey." I mean I still have enough for sandwiches and soup for several days!
I'm jealous you have turkey. We went to the In-laws for Thanksgiving, and although they had plenty of leftovers, they offered none to anyone to take home.

I'm craving turkey sandwiches and turkey n dumplings...

We enjoyed a new kit meal, Glazed Chicken Apple-Cheddar Meatloaf with Roasted Carrots & Green Beans. It was very good, although, when I make it again, I'll make smaller mini-meatloaves (came with 10-oz of ground chicken), and I'll change out the green beans, I think. Maybe asparagus or maybe just a few different colors of carrots. Yummy meal, easy and quick too.

We enjoyed a new kit meal, Glazed Chicken Apple-Cheddar Meatloaf with Roasted Carrots & Green Beans. It was very good, although, when I make it again, I'll make smaller mini-meatloaves (came with 10-oz of ground chicken), and I'll change out the green beans, I think. Maybe asparagus or maybe just a few different colors of carrots. Yummy meal, easy and quick too.
I never thought of using ground chicken for meatloaf! I strongly dislike meatloaf made with beef. So the apple-cheddar combo worked well with the chicken?

I never thought of using ground chicken for meatloaf! I strongly dislike meatloaf made with beef. So the apple-cheddar combo worked well with the chicken?
It worked very well! I don't know if this link will work, but here's trying: Recipe Link - I make similar things, but the glaze & apple were new to me. One of our favorite burgers is a chicken burger. I had to get creative, when DH was not allowed beef. See this link: Cheddar Jalapeno Chicken Burgers - and then there's the ground turkey recipes....:chef:

It worked very well! I don't know if this link will work, but here's trying: Recipe Link - I make similar things, but the glaze & apple were new to me. One of our favorite burgers is a chicken burger. I had to get creative, when DH was not allowed beef. See this link: Cheddar Jalapeno Chicken Burgers - and then there's the ground turkey recipes....:chef:
Yes thanks, the links work! Looks like food I would like, but Mr. Picky might need some persuading, LOL.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom