Gudetama Salted Egg Yolk Potato Chips Review....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kleenex

Master Chef
ezgif-1-cdbf8ba3e8.jpg

Back to the big asian food store for this potato chip item.

I opened up the bag and got a string smell for sure.

This potato chip sure did have seasoning on it.

I think it did have that salted egg flavor to it.

Was not that impressed here.

Chips were not that crispy.

A medium sized thumb up here at best.

I've actually found a lightly salted chip that compares to Lay's at our No Frills grocer in the no name brand! I was flabbergasted to say the least.
I would have said for the salt content it is even lighter than Lay's but still enough to satisfy. Only drawback, have had several bags now, and each seem to have a slightly overcooked (not burnt) taste.
But I can handle that for the two things.
1. the less salt and
2. the price!
Bag of Lay's is $3.33 Family size, (cheapest sale $ I've found but usually $3.79)
and the No Name bag is $1.59.

Wow. A bag of "party size" (which is a mere 12 ounces now compared to 16 ounces at one point) Lay's here is around $5.69. It's beyond stupid, but it's the only bagged snack I will pay the money for. Everything else is either purchased on sale or a cheaper brand is selected.

I'm so used to the lightly-salted Lay's now that other potato chips are way too salty for me.

Well, yes because to buy them individually at almost $4.00 comes to about the same. Still that's a wowser price for US $$!!

It is indeed. And it will probably never go back down again, like everything else. Stores/manufacturers are charging these ridiculous prices now just because they can.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom