Grocery deals!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I needed butter... not on special but when you need. Bought 3 for $5.88 (store brand - a lot better than brand names at 7 and 8$).
and then there were the specials... Could I just walk out?
Alas no... $97.30 later.
Then I had to divide it all up and freeze when I got home!
Pork tenderloins (2/$6.39)- I hate opening vacu-packed but don't want to defrost both and then refreeze one! Removed the silver skin right away, so when I do want - it's ready.
Mild Italian Sausages, not on special, only 1 package but still divided into individual sausages. One of them is earmarked to stuff a couple of lovely big mushrooms I got.
Chicken drumsticks - that was the best deal - Got 2 pkg of 10 ea for $11.31 combined total. Divided them up as well, so's I can grab as many as I need when needed. I did cook up 6 right away (already ate one).
Bacon - 3 pkg, $3.99 ea. 1 pkg frozen whole, as is. Other 2, cut in half and then divided up into 6 slices (approx) of left side and 6 of right side. 1pkg went in the fridge right away, other 5 to the freezer. Cooking just for myself I found even bacon seems to go rancid just when you really really want those last 2 slices.

Rest of the bill was taken up with fruits and vegies -

and yes, I bought some chips... I needed my salt fix - haven't had any in sooooo long, I just couldn't help myself.
That bacon, was it in the old standard 500 gram packages or was it the newer 350 gram packages?

LOL! ****** taxy, had to go route thru the garbage and look! Good news is that it was the 500 gr package. Which makes it an even better deal because the new ones at 350 gr are in excess of $7 or $8 ea.

LOL! ****** taxy, had to go route thru the garbage and look! Good news is that it was the 500 gr package. Which makes it an even better deal because the new ones at 350 gr are in excess of $7 or $8 ea.
I thought of it because I have gotten caught by that. I pay better attention to that difference now. ;)

Got a couple of nice specials today.

$5.88 for .890kg of Pork Loin Roast. I cut it in half so will have two mini roasts of approx. 1 lb ea. which should then also give me two meals from each roast ($2.94= $1.47 per meal)

$6.93 for 1.048 kg Pork Loin Chops. From which I will get 6 meals = $1.16 ea.

Now these are not pretty cuts - guess they were from a beginner butcher learning! LOL - but I don't care. They don't have to be pretty to be delicious.

1724531072911.png
I cut off those blobs/tails? on the bottom of three of the chops to get small medallions.
Ready and headed for the freezer!
1724530980050.png

In the reduced area of the store, they had 2 lb bags of blue ribbon brand brown rice for 50 cents each. We didn't need it but that is a steal.
Watermelons are $4.99 around here lately and sweet, and corn $4/dozen is fresh local and sweet!

Back
Top Bottom