Two questions about Pasta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My most memorable lasagna (I believe I mentioned once before) was a beautiful creation with all the various cheeses, which I could barely afford at the time, sauce, etc. Left it on the dinner table to rest and cool before cutting. Went to gather family and we all came in to find the German Shepherd standing on the table gulping down the last of it. I almost cried. Never did check her mouth to see if she had blisters.
We had something similar with our malamute/golden retriever mix. She was a big girl, around 95 pounds and nearly as tall as me, 5'1", when she stood up on back legs.

First time, I had put a beef roast, not a prime rib thankfully, on the counter, to warm up a bit before roasting. We left to go do something And came back to pan on the floor and no roast.

Second time, we left smothered chicken cooking on the stove, went outside for something, stopped to talk to the neighbors for a few minutes, then went back inside expecting dinner to be done and ready to eat. Yeah, it was done alright with 1 piece left out of 8, DD was still home then, and a little bit of gravy. The dog had pushed the top off and eaten the simmering gravy and chicken, bones and all, and cleaned the floor. We couldn't believe her mouth wasn't covered in blisters.

Last edited:
I had some steaks pushed to the very back of the counter where I mistakenly thought were safe. There were four steak when I went out to the front yard and 3 when I came back. And a happy smile on both of the Newfie's, I assumed they shared and had I not come back in right then more would have been gone.

I'm reminded of a similar episode with a Siberian husky. We had left a bag of groceries on the kitchen table for a little while. When we went to empty the brown grocery bag, we discovered that some small steaks were missing from their styrofoam and cling wrap packages. When examined carefully, there were small holes in one corner of each package. Sasha, the husky, had managed to drag those steaks out through small holes without tipping the grocery bag or even the stack of meat in the grocery bag. That dog was far too smart.

Back
Top Bottom