Movies that really etched themselves into your mind...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caseydog

Master Chef
I was reminded of a movie in another thread that totally etched itself into my brain, and , and having nothing better to do, I started looking at other movie trailers on YouTube. I am not a fan of "Horror" movies, in general. I find them to be poorly written, cheap thrills. But, every once in a while a movie comes along that glues my eyes to the screen, and sends chills down my spine -- and I find it to be brilliant.

Are there movies that have fascinated you, and perhaps kept you up a night... not in a bad way, but just in a way that made you think about something more than you should?

Let's start easy.

CD

Last edited:
I couldn't find a trailer that I liked, but I would say that a movie that stuck with me was Little Big Man from 1970. It was entertaining, but it made me question everything that I had learned in school about the conquest of the west, everything I had been taught about indigenous Americans and about "Custer's Last Stand" and the "Plains Wars".

A couple of movies I could watch more than once and I have, lol.

7 Samurai

Arn

Pather Panchali

Just hit Watch on YouTube and it'll play.

Last edited:
I couldn't find a trailer that I liked, but I would say that a movie that stuck with me was Little Big Man from 1970. It was entertaining, but it made me question everything that I had learned in school about the conquest of the west, everything I had been taught about indigenous Americans and about "Custer's Last Stand" and the "Plains Wars".
That movie got me my nickname in college … “Corn Woman” because I was from Iowa.

I enjoyed Sixth Sense too. In that same genré, Silence of the Lambs sticks with me. Also, the best western movie of all time, Tombstone.

I never watched Tombstone. A college classmate of mine was in it... he owes me fifty bucks from 1984. :mad:

Well, I have watched the scene in Tombstone where he gets killed. ;)

CD

Last edited:
I enjoyed Sixth Sense too. In that same genré, Silence of the Lambs sticks with me. Also, the best western movie of all time, Tombstone.
The movie 'The Silence of the Lambs' is a great one. It had me on the edge of my seat the whole time, feeling this constant sense of unease, if not outright fear, then at least intense tension. I was waiting for the other shoe to drop the entire time.

I actually started watching that one... but don't remember if I ever finished it. Thought it rather slow and obviously, if I don't remember whether or not I finished it.... well, guess it was not one that "etched".

And then lets follow with "The 100 Foot Journey"

This restaurant story intrigues me. I have not watched it... yet. I think it will be along the lines of what this thread is about. Honestly, I forgot about it, but when the right mood strikes me, I think I need to watch it.

CD

This restaurant story intrigues me. I have not watched it... yet. I think it will be along the lines of what this thread is about. Honestly, I forgot about it, but when the right mood strikes me, I think I need to watch it.

CD
Yeah, haven't seen that one, but will give it a go.

It looks like an absolutely lovely movie, but I'm thinking it will not make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

If you like that movie, you will probably like this one...

CD
No, I did not like that movie. That is why I named Judy Dench and Maggie Smith so folks would not confuse which movie I was talking about.

Back
Top Bottom