Monday's Munch? (6th May '24)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KatyCooks

Head Chef
Well, best laid plans and all that... It was supposed to be a Crab Frittata with a side salad. It ended up being a tinned salmon Frittata with no side salad. (On checking the Use By date on the tub of crab meat - it expired 3 days ago and I certainly wasn't going to risk it! So a tin of salmon stepped up to the plate - almost literally!) :D Ollie was very happy. He is not the biggest fan of crab. I am very annoyed with myself for not making the Frittata earlier in the week - I hate waste! And to add insult to self-inflicted injury - the bag of salad was out of date too. Why do I buy those things?

On the plus side, the Salmon Frittata was in fact very tasty!

Meanwhile, it continues to rain virtually non-stop here in Blighty, so, with nothing better to do, I finally got around to making the Lemon & Poppyseed Cupcakes I mentioned in another thread - which were also very nice. Gotta say though, Poppyseeds are more or less pointless.

Anyway, I hope everyone else's plans for food today worked out/will work out (depending where you live). :)

Well, I have a steak I've been air drying for some time now so guess I'd better trim the dry crusty stuff off and see if it turns out as good as the last one (hope, pray, wishing, of course it will!!) Also defrosted some Lobster tails the other day so they have to get on a menu soon.

Grrrrr..... I hate this.... decisions, decisions, decisions!

You know? my kids are going to have an inscription on my stone -
"she only lasted this long because she
still could not make up her mind
as to whether or not to even die!"​

Given I don't generally eat steak, or lobster... how about Surf'nTurf? (I'll get my coat.)

Smothered pork shoulder blade chops, mashies, and green beans.
20240506_191705.jpg

Having postdrome from yesterday's migraine, so all I could muster was an easy supper. I defrosted some cold smoked salmon, toasted a bagel, and put sliced red onion, capers, and cream cheese on the table to assemble my open faced sandwiches. I also made a salad of Boston lettuce, romaine lettuce, red cabbage, sliced cucumber, a bit of chopped, seeded tomato, and some red onion. Topped that with some of my batch vinaigrette. It will soon be time to make some more. This batch will probably only stretch to one or two more uses.

Cold smoked salmon on a bagel with cream, cheese and a salad with homemade vinegraitte.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom