Monday, May 20, 2024, what did you eat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Went to grocery today, Publix, Winn Dixie, and the new huge Asian market about 15 minutes away. Just regular grocery stuff at the first 2, but I wanted to try some frozen dim sum dumplings. I had run into this place before and picked up some vegetable based noodles and had decided I wanted to visit again. They had a WHOLE wall, like 25+ feet, freezer cabinets on the wall plus floor freezers, of dumplings, pretty much whatever shape and filling you wanted. I got 3 different kinds, I'll take a picture tomorrow, plus some tamari, hot chinese mustard, and dried tree ear mushrooms.

After that we went to this little hole in the wall Mexican place that is owned and run by a Mexican family, parents and middle aged daughters cooking. They bring home Mexican spices that are hard to find here after visiting and only use prime ingredients. They actually make several kinds of tamale, but only had jalapeno today so I got a dry carnitas burrito, ate half for lunch and just finished the other half, with their mild salsa, and Craig got the day's special of chicken mole with Mexican rice and refried beans plus their hot salsa. Let me tell you, their hot salsa is HOT. Thought my tongue was going to burn in half the 1 time I tried it. Good thing we had gotten chips and guacamole that time!
20240520_133521.jpg
20240520_133546.jpg

I enjoyed that pork in mushroom and herbs sauce so much that I made it again. I thoroughly enjoyed it again. This time I accompanied it with brown basmati rice and a salad of Romaine lettuce, mustard greens, corn kernels, and chive buds/flowers. I made a Danish dressing of sour cream, Dijon, and a bunch of finely chopped chives. I actually used the scapes from those chive buds/blossoms. I have some sitting in a small glass of water. I wanted them all picked, so the chives would make oniony flavour and not forget everything but making seeds with those flowers. The dressing was a new-to-me Danish recipe. I quite like it, but it could use some thinning out.

Pork chop in mushroom and herb sauce with brown basmati rice and a salad with crème fraiche an...jpg

Back
Top Bottom