Your Favorites

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
What are your favorite brands of sausages, hard cured, or fresh and ready for the grill. All types can be shown, from Andouille, to Mortadella, summer sausage to kielbasa, bratwurst to Braunschweiger, even the U.P's Cudighi. If you like blood sausage, name your favorite. And don't forget the hot dogs:yum:.Some of my favorites:

1.Best Hot Dog - Cher-Make Natural casing all beef wieners (if you can get them, these are great dogs)
2.Koegle's Natural Casing Vienna Sausage (thir natural casing hot dogs)
3.Koegle's all beef wieners
4. Vollwerth's hot dogs
5. Vollwerth's Braunshweiger
6.- Johnsonville Bratwurst
7. Cher-make BLACK KNIGHT CLASSIC RESERVE 12 OZ. summer Sausage
8. Cher-make POLISH SAUSAGE 20 OZ.
9. Boar's head Soprasetta
10. Ciao Pepperoni (a bit hotter than most, and I likr that.

Your turn:mrgreen:

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
That's funny about the Johnsonville bratwurst sausages. We just tried those recently. They were good. But, as a hot dog substitute, we prefer their Polish sausage.

Italian sausage: hands down, it's du Breton Italian sausage, either the organic or the rustic one. I don't know if they are available outside of Quebec, or even in the rest of Canada. But, sooooo good.

Hot dogs: Charlevoix smoked pork sausages. Again, possibly only a Quebec product. I have only seen them at the health food store.

We have tried some White Wine & Shallot Sausages from La queue de cochon. They are really, really good. I imagine that other sausages from La Queue de Cochon are also really good. We will be trying them soon. Once again, I'm not sure this is available outside of Quebec.

Italian sausage: hands down, it's du Breton Italian sausage, either the organic or the rustic one. I don't know if they are available outside of Quebec, or even in the rest of Canada. But, sooooo good.

Yes, I've seen du Breton sausage and bacon here in BC. They are very good! I'll look for the other brands, too.

I usually get my sausages at a specialty butcher, and sometimes, I make them myself. During pink salmon season, I make a few pounds and freeze them.

In trying to eat healthier, I've cut back a lot on cured meats but I still buy andouille sausage. Kroger sells the Country Pleasin' brand made outside Jackson Ms., about 200 miles south of Memphis. I've been loyal to that brand for a year or so.

I devoured one last night — my new favourite sausage! Thank you!

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I think they are da bom. Sometimes I make up the mix for Italian sausage. I like to use that in the recipes that tell you to take the sausage out of the casing. I hate the idea of paying extra for someone to stuff it into a casing just so I have to go to the effort of taking it back out. :ermm: :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom