WTF is wrong with this forum?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sir_Loin_of_Beef

Chef Extraordinaire
It seems like only about half of the items I post here, stay here. I come back later and the damn thing is gone! That is very annoying, especially in the Song Title and Word Association games.

That doesn't seem to happen to me. I wonder what is going on. Once in a while I think that has happened, but then I see that I have a draft saved - I forgot to hit "Post reply". :ermm:

+3 @Sir_Loin_of_Beef Same thing has happened with me, when I know I posted something! A while back I also had some posts that went onto other thread, that I didn't even enter, though that seems to have been fixed. And especially if it is a longer post, I copy it, maybe a few times while making it, so if it "disappears", while doing it, or it doesn't actually post, I still have it!

Another thing that drives me crazy, and has never happened on another forum, is when I go to post a photo, and every first time I hit "paste", that part of the screen shifts down, so I have to move it back up, and paste it the second time. And it's every time I post a photo.

Only time I've had posts disappear on me is while I am typing, the cuff of my sweater or pad of my thumb slides over the touchpad and then all heck breaks loose.
Hate touchpads but every once in a while have to use it. Then I forget to disable it. On my last laptop I could do it with one tap on the keyboard, this 'puter I have to call up setting, go to... go to... slide button, save - probably the reason I forget or just keep telling myself I'll be careful of the touchpad this time.

Only time I've had posts disappear on me is while I am typing, the cuff of my sweater or pad of my thumb slides over the touchpad and then all heck breaks loose.
Hate touchpads but every once in a while have to use it. Then I forget to disable it. On my last laptop I could do it with one tap on the keyboard, this 'puter I have to call up setting, go to... go to... slide button, save - probably the reason I forget or just keep telling myself I'll be careful of the touchpad this time.
At least if it happens on a computer, you can usually get it back with control z. I haven't found a way to do that on a phone or tablet.

I have used that on occasion (when I remember it!) but sometimes I gone too far before realizing.

Almost never use my phone to post, fingers too fat for all that typing. 95% of my phone is used for texting, photo's and calls.

I had some issues adjusting to the new format. Many of us has. It took some practice and help from others but now I have a routine that works when I click the right icons.

I had a few posts that I didn't see when I came back to the thread but found it when I scrolled down an saw I hadn't clicked on POST REPLY. If you're a FB user, you get used to hitting return to post a reply. That doesn't work here.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom