Wok cooking in cold weather

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Melvang

Assistant Cook
Have any of you cooked outside with a wok outside in folder weather? I am talking below freezing. Obviously my flat top 10 year old range doesn't make enough heat to really use a wok, so outside it is. And I live in Iowa, so colder temps are coming.

Anyone have any tips?

I have never broken out my big kahuna burner in the middle of winter, but I have grilled many times. I'm sure that the 50k burner you were talking about using would be plenty hot to be able to stir fry, even with cold outside temperatures. Just get the food back inside quickly! Or maybe have a warmed up, heavy dish, like ceramic or CI, to carry the cooked food in.

Last edited:
Nope, I haven’t. I put my grills, smoker, and outdoor camp stove away for the winter. For me, I rather do my cooking indoors in the winter.

Nope, I haven’t. I put my grills, smoker, and outdoor camp stove away for the winter. For me, I rather do my cooking indoors in the winter.

I use my smoker in the winter almost as much as in the summer. I have been known to shovel a path to my smoker before my sidewalk.

I am thinking I can start a small charge of charcoal and put it in the offset box and warm the smoker for holding parts/pieces of dishes between batches using the wok in the winter.

With how I am going to build my wok cooking setup, it isn't going to be mobile. But right now, I am debating on making a dual burner wok cooking setup and building a flat top griddle to go with it as well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom