Will Food Saver machine/bags work?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rocklobster

Master Chef
I gifted my son a Nova sous vide for xmas and happen to have an extra food saver vacuum machine with a roll of bags..I suppose it is pretty much the same thing as the Sous Vide bags and machine? I offered it to him but just looking to see if anybody has used the food saver machine and bags for their cooking...

It's the perfect solution. I use a FS system to vacuum pack foods for SV. I buy rolls of bags from Walmart.

OK..thanks..I figured that...just wasn't sure..I didn't want to try it and learn the hard way..lol....I got the sous vide vacuum and bags the same time I got my machine...I'll give it to him..he's been using the zip lock bags..

Plus-one. I would guess that most sous vide cooks use Foodsaver machines. I do.

I would love to have one of those restaurant level vacuum sealers that are instant, and work with liquids, but they are made of unobtanium. I think the cheapest one I've seen was around 900-bucks. :ohmy:

CD

I figured as much..I got the actual Sous Vide brand machine and bags..I wasn't 100% sure the Foodsaver brand was designed for long term heating..didn't want to wreck a hunk of meat to find out that it wasn't..

Back
Top Bottom