Why stainless steel cookware isn't as popular as the others?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay, Amazon said Black Cube is made in China. I just called Frieling and she initially said 'Germany', but when I told her that Amazon said 'China', she got out the specs and found that they are made in Viet Nam.
Thanks for letting me know. I will say that the pan I have is rather substantial. For an 8" pan it has a nice, balanced weight. And while I don't use a non-stick pan without butter or oil when cooking eggs (I like the flavor and the crispy edges that fat-cooked eggs have), nothing has stuck to this pan and it cleans like a charm. Also, I've used metal spoons and flippers in it and it shows NO scratches or wear! Sounds like it might work for your GF. If not, get a new GF? :ermm: Just kidding. ;)

Thanks for letting me know. I will say that the pan I have is rather substantial. For an 8" pan it has a nice, balanced weight. And while I don't use a non-stick pan without butter or oil when cooking eggs (I like the flavor and the crispy edges that fat-cooked eggs have), nothing has stuck to this pan and it cleans like a charm. Also, I've used metal spoons and flippers in it and it shows NO scratches or wear! Sounds like it might work for your GF. If not, get a new GF? :ermm: Just kidding. ;)

I finally did the 'fried egg test' in one of my Carbon steel pans today - cooked pork chops, then three pieces of bacon. After, basted four eggs perfectly. The eggs didn't slide around like they would in non-stick, but that's kind of good when you're trying to baste. Clean-up was simple, post-seasoning and pan's good to go.

Not sure what I'll do about my gf's cooking. She doesn't use my pots and pans, and she seems happy enough with the non-stick she currently has. So all is good for now. If I do get her any non-stick, it will be something made in the U.S.

...Not sure what I'll do about my gf's cooking. She doesn't use my pots and pans, and she seems happy enough with the non-stick she currently has. So all is good for now. If I do get her any non-stick, it will be something made in the U.S.

I recommend leaving your GFs cooking habits alone. ;)

In the market I found that most cookware or dishware are made of ceramics, melamine, nonstick or plastic, yes I also found stainless steel but it is not as popular as the others. I really don't understand... What is the drawback of stainless steel? Just because it's a little bit more costly than other materials?

Anodized aluminum is cheaper and more forgiving that SS, bun otherwise no better than SS than looks better and can be used for induction.

I've been using a set of stainless for five years with no complaints. I have a Rachael Ray stainless cookware. It's Good For Cooking. But Its Price Is a little bit High.

Everyone laughs when I get excited over stainless steel cookware with a nice thick bottom. If it weren't for me my whole family would be cooking with non-stick. It seems more popular here in the UK among the people that I know. They think it's higher quality.

Back
Top Bottom