Why my chocolate syrup consolidated?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SEEING-TO-BELIEVE

Head Chef
after heating it it got like that

what are usually the reasons for that?

it made of powdered sugar, chopped 70% chocolate, coaco, heavy cream, honey (instead of golden syrup), butter and more chopped 70% chocolate (at the end of cooking after turning the heat off)

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2023-06-03 09-30-18.png
    Screenshot from 2023-06-03 09-30-18.png
    213.1 KB · Views: 11
🤷‍♀️

Sometimes chocolate seizes when the temperature is too high or when liquid is added.

Have you made this chocolate sauce before using the same method and ingredients with good results?

The slightest drop of moisture into the pot can make it "break".
As in the steam coming up from the bottom pot of boiling water.

ok, perhaps this is the reason. i'm not sure..

maybe i will add the recipe later so you can examine it better..

I could be wrong, but I don't think Israel has much humidity.
It depends on the area. In the Central district, north and south of Tel Aviv, it gets very humid. I live in the Southern District, just on the Northern edge of the Negev, and it is very dry here.

Thursday, Friday and Saturday we had an almost unbearable heatwave - it was 45°C - and friends in North Tel Aviv said it was not only very hot there as well but extremely humid. It cooled off very slightly on Sunday but is still very hot - and when I spoke with my friends earlier they said it was still very humid where they are.

Is the sauce supposed to be fairly thin? Suitable for drizzling on ice cream? If so, here's my go-to recipe:

1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup cold water
a pinch of salt

1½ teaspoons vanilla

Method:
Place the first 5 ingredients in a large heavy saucepan and bring to a boil without stirring. It will boil up so make sure you have headroom in the pan. Reduce heat a little and boil for another 30 seconds. Set aside to cool on the counter. When cooled, add the vanilla. Refrigerate. This is wonderful sauce and will keep in the fridge for weeks.

It will be very thin when hot but lovely and thick-ish when cold. It's also fool-proof - bonus.

after heating it it got like that

what are usually the reasons for that?

it made of powdered sugar, chopped 70% chocolate, coaco, heavy cream, honey (instead of golden syrup), butter and more chopped 70% chocolate (at the end of cooking after turning the heat off)
the emulsion broke, could be over cooked, too much fat or not enough cream.

Back
Top Bottom