Who Needs This? Seriously!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have one of these and love it. Use it for cherry and grape tomaotes, grapes, strawberries, even small button mushrooms I want to halve.

I've tried the two-plate method for cherry tomatoes, only to make a huge mess.

Now that I would use. The video convinced me to order it. It should come in handy for olives too.

Yikes! Separate grape slicer, tomato slicer and carrot slicer! I need a bigger kitchen. But wait, I could sell my knives.

I can see this device for those who aren't as dexterous as they once were. But I bet I could go throough a pint of grape tomatoes with my 0 inch chef's knive faster than I could with the gizmo. I also have a chopper that is a step or two above a slap-chopper, and it minces things like onions, olives, grapes, tomatoes, and such in a hurry. It looks like this - https://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-CTG-00-SCHP-Stainless-Steel-Chopper/dp/B007TFNSLC/ref=pd_sbs_79_img_2/138-7076325-7487927?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B007TFNSLC&pd_rd_r=de1242a3-7ef1-4348-9761-8c303a52cc6d&pd_rd_w=uk1Mn&pd_rd_wg=6K1kU&pf_rd_p=5cfcfe89-300f-47d2-b1ad-a4e27203a02a&pf_rd_r=PYS90G2X6K2RW179SKHR&psc=1&refRID=PYS90G2X6K2RW179SKHR

I also have a cherry pitter that also pits olives, 6 at a time. Between those two devices, I think I've got it covered.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I loved this review and the update...

grapes.jpg

Ruh- Roh. Was I a bad grampa? I only cut grapes in half. With a paring knife.

Nah, I think a lot of people only cut them in half. I'm sure there are some people who don't cut them at all. I always cut them in quarters. And I chopped hot dogs up into tiny little smaller-than-bite-size pieces. Call me a paranoid mom.

That's a lot more efficient than a slicer that cuts one at a time.

Or those slicers where you put the cherry tomatoes in between two slabs of something and then slice down through them with a big knife. I tried that once. Didn't work out so well.

Back
Top Bottom