Who has the best Premade pizza sauce?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like to use Don Pepino pizza sauce.

Me too.
I stumbled on this sauce years ago. Anytime I see something new ( product, brand ..). I always give it a try. Didn't think I'd enjoy canned sauce so much. Now its my go to sauce

Its great when making an Italian hero ( eggplant farm hero) too.

Great taste, good consistency, not too salty or sweet, and not overly spiced.

It is my opinion that pasta sauce and pizza sauce are two different animals. If you use a jarred pasta sauce on your pizza, it’s gonna taste like pasta, not pizza.

Our two local supermarkets have rows and rows of pasta sauce, but for pizza sauce there’s only two or three options. I prefer Classico. It tastes fresh.

If I’m making pizza at home on a prepared flatbread (like Boboli), I usually just spread a very thin layer of tomato sauce on the base and sprinkle it with oregano, thyme, and basil

It is my opinion that pasta sauce and pizza sauce are two different animals. If you use a jarred pasta sauce on your pizza, it’s gonna taste like pasta, not pizza.

I agree. I like pizza sauce to be oregano-forward. And there are lots of red pasta sauces - it's not just one thing.

I actually prefer a lighter-tasting marinara on my homemade pizzas rather than heavily-herbed pizza sauces. But that's just me.

I actually prefer a lighter-tasting marinara on my homemade pizzas rather than heavily-herbed pizza sauces. But that's just me.
Everyone has different tastes, but I doubt if it's just you ;)

I didn't mean that I like a "heavily herbed" pizza sauce - just that I like to taste the oregano. To me, that's what makes it pizza sauce as opposed to marinara (more basil flavor) or spaghetti sauce (combo of dried bay leaf, oregano and rosemary and fresh basll). And all of them start with onions and garlic sautéed in olive oil.

Like the French béchamel sauce and its derivatives, a basic tomato sauce can become something else with the addition of different flavors.

Everyone has different tastes, but I doubt if it's just you ;)

I didn't mean that I like a "heavily herbed" pizza sauce - just that I like to taste the oregano. To me, that's what makes it pizza sauce as opposed to marinara (more basil flavor) or spaghetti sauce (combo of dried bay leaf, oregano and rosemary and fresh basll). And all of them start with onions and garlic sautéed in olive oil.

Like the French béchamel sauce and its derivatives, a basic tomato sauce can become something else with the addition of different flavors.

Well, I just meant that I don't particularly like it :)

I like the taste of basil more than oregano.

Truthfully, when it comes to pizza, I don't like much sauce at all. Just a very thin layer. I'm like that with most foods. For example, on spaghetti or other pasta, very little sauce. On salads, very little dressing. On sandwiches, very little mayo. The only time I like a lot of sauce on pasta is if it's clam sauce! :yum:

Well, I just meant that I don't particularly like it [emoji2]

I like the taste of basil more than oregano.

Truthfully, when it comes to pizza, I don't like much sauce at all. Just a very thin layer. I'm like that with most foods. For example, on spaghetti or other pasta, very little sauce. On salads, very little dressing. On sandwiches, very little mayo. The only time I like a lot of sauce on pasta is if it's clam sauce! :yum:
I'm the opposite - I *love* sauce! All kinds! Sometimes I even dip my pizza into more sauce! [emoji38]

I'm the opposite - I *love* sauce! All kinds! Sometimes I even dip my pizza into more sauce! [emoji38]

I never dipped mine, but I'm a saucy person too. I used to order Domino's thin crust with extra sauce back when we lived where we could actually order for delivery. Haven't had that option since 2011.

I'll have to look for that. I make pizza sauces...but keep Rao's on hand for convenience. And, shhhh....I use Bull's Eye Original for BBQ Chicken Pizza! :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom