Where are the pot holders?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marlingardener

Sous Chef
I dislike the padded mittens for removing hot items from the oven. I like the square, padded pot holders with a loop on one side to hang them handy to the oven. Trying to find them is becoming a bit of a safari!
Does anyone know where I can find them? The ones I have are rapidly wearing out and I'm not desperate, but almost:ohmy:.

Hi Marlin, and welcome to DC!

You don't say specifically where in the U.S. you are, but if you have a Christmas Tree Shop near you, they often have a variety of textile items. I haven't been in one for a while, though. I have been getting my kitchen towels at the area Marshalls. I think they have might have potholders. If you have a Home Goods store near you, even better!

If you would rather shop from home, Etsy offers a lot of homey items. I bet there are a lot of vendors there that have homemade potholders that might interest you. https://www.etsy.com/market/potholders

Finally, if push comes to shove, you could buy yourself a bigger sized weaving loom and make your own!

My wife yells at me every time I reach for those square pot holders ( and not the mittens). I've never burned myself but she gets paranoid cause Im clumsy ( or at least she says I am).

My wife yells at me every time I reach for those square pot holders ( and not the mittens). I've never burned myself but she gets paranoid cause Im clumsy ( or at least she says I am).

:LOL:
Mr bliss also prefers the square ones. So as I stack them to hang, the first ones are the square ones, then over that, the large square ones, then on top the mittens. I never yell at him, when he has to knock all of them down and they fall into the garbage container getting 'his' square pot holders, when he 'helps'.:LOL::angel:<<-- truly a questionable halo.

I have square silicone pot holders that I use regularly. Also a pair of silicone fingertip mittens. I prefer these to cloth pot holders or kitchen towels for handling hot items.

Although I use the silicone ones, I find they can be dangerous if they get grease on them. They become horribly slippery!

I prefer the square cloth ones but my kids threw mine out as the were warn out in the middles.. :ohmy: :ermm: :rolleyes: :LOL:

I keep forgetting to get some when I'm out shopping. Maybe now I'll remember from this thread.

I find the mitten styles slower to grab and put on compared to the squares you just grab. I also find the silicone does transfer heat if you end up having to hold for longer than you anticipated.

On the other hand, if you accidentally get a fabric pot holder wet, you’re in for a big surprise when you grab something hot out of the oven.

I have one silicone pot holder. I'm not fond of it, but it is good for wet stuff. Mostly it gets used as a trivet, but not often.

For the oven, I am still trying to teach myself to always use the oven mitts, not pot holders. Sure, pot holders are less fuss. But, I don't burn the side of my hand on the side of the oven when I am using the mittens. I have "kissed" the side of the oven with my hand far too often.

I have square silicone pot holders that I use regularly. Also a pair of silicone fingertip mittens. I prefer these to cloth pot holders or kitchen towels for handling hot items.

I love those little fingertip things! I especially like them for lifting a lid to check the pot...and I also place them on the lid, as a reminder, "hot lid," if using the pots as a "server yourself" thing. (DH loves to lift hot lids, when he shouldn't!)

Back
Top Bottom