What's your weather like right now? 2023 Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At 10:30 pm the temp was only down to 57°, after getting up to 63° sometime this afternoon. It barely rained at all - not enough to wet the deck, just a few drops occasionally. Tomorrow it's only supposed to get to 54°, and start getting windy again. I'll get a little more done outside tomorrow, and stay in that last day of winter, which isn't supposed to get over 43°!

Hovering on the freezing mark and snow occasional. Probably just enough to hide the ice that formed from yesterday's rain.

Cannot hide my feelings. This freak freezing bitter cold is making me grumpy. We are in a snow drought ... and it snowed! 😎

I got .25", so far today (finally got my rain gauge in, since there is no more freezing forecast, but I watch closely). It's been dry here this year - I just saw that we are more than 2" below average, for these first three months, so far. Supposed to get to 69° today, but haven't had any sun, so not even up to 60° yet. And still wet out there, also.

I just came in from the porch. It's a beautiful, sunny 81F today, but I can't sit out there because it's windy and the pollen is insane. I don't think wearing a mask would help because my eyes were watering, too. I don't usually have this much of a problem. Argh.

spring allergies.jpg

Last edited:
I just came in from the porch. It's a beautiful, sunny 81F today, but I can't sit out there because it's windy and the pollen is insane. I don't think wearing a mask would help because my eyes were watering, too. I don't usually have this much of a problem.
View attachment 64033
So sorry GG! Likely it is this particular pollen that is particularly bothersome. Feel better!

I finally got a little sun, just before it got dark, and it only got to 63°. But about 9:00, I saw a flash of light in a window, when cleaning the kitchen, that seemed like lightning, and about 9:30 I started getting thunder! Still occasional around 10 pm.

Miserable day, yesterday and today, .62", then .29" so far today, with mist still coming down. Only brief periods of almost brightness, but then it would be wet again. Only up to 52° briefly, but usually in the 40s both days. Tomorrow is supposed to get to 60°, but very windy; I wasn't really going to do much out there, however.

And now I hear another thunderstorm coming through at midnight! So far, .30" by 12:25 am

We just had rain and then around supper time SUN!

We have sun this morning, 36 F right now, excpecting it to get around 46 F this afternoon.
Down to 34 and more rain expected overnight.

DH is so excited to have a sunny, mild Sunday at last lol It's 64F and won't get much warmer, but it's very nice out. Too bad I can't enjoy it. The pollen count is very high and I already have a headache.

It is incredibly sunny today - not a hint of any clouds in the sky! Been a while since I saw that, and it was only brief! That TS that came through last night finished quickly, with .32". As forecast, it is very windy, so the 60° expected won't be feeling like that!

The pollen index is bad probably why the house is filled with cherubs. Hard to find a cinnamon broom in March to shoo them out and be on their way. It was kinda sunny even then I had trouble finding my car in the fog.

Back
Top Bottom