What's your favourite gin?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A bartender I used to work with invented a cocktail as part of his final exam at bartending school. It was called a Sloe Comfortable Screw. Sloe Gin, Southern Comfort, vodka, and orange juice, over ice in a tall glass. Delicious, but dangerous.

Last edited:
A bartender I used to work with invented a cocktail as part of his final exam at bartending school. It was called a Sloe Comfortable Screw. Sloe Gin, Southern Comfort, vodka, and orange juice, over ice in a tall glass. Delicious, but dangerous.
That sounds really good. Kind of a Southern version of Long Island Ice Tea, meaning there’s lots and lots of different kinds of alcohol in it. It sounds more genteel than the LIIT.

I’l Have one, please. That’ll keep me for an hour or two!

My favorite gin is vodka. ;) I really, really wanted to acquire a taste for gin because it's so adult. I just...can't. If I ever think of buying a bottle of gin, I'll just go chew on a few tips from the blue rug juniper in the front garden instead.

Yeah, me too. Hey, James Bond drank Vodka Martinis, so I figure I am in good company. Now, I just need an Aston Martin -- make mine a V12 Vantage, the rest are too slow (Aston Martin was a customer of mine for about three years, so I've driven a lot of them -- the V12 Vantage is the Aston Martin for motorheads. I had to feather the throttle in third gear to maintain traction at the rear wheels (traction control off).

I remember getting out of the car and jokingly requesting a vodka martini, shaken , not stirred. LOL

I love Vodka... too much. I have never acquired a taste for gin.

CD

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom