Whats your easiest to make soup?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

georgevan

Senior Cook
I should have added delicious with that title. Meals rarely come delicious and easy at the same time but there are always exceptions. Let's hear yours starting with soup.

My two easy, delicious soups are Julia Child's recipe for leek and potato soup and a roasted root vegi bisque. I know I have posted the leek and potato soup recipe here. I'm pretty sure I have posted the other one here too. Both of them are vegan, but even a big time meat eater like me enjoys them.

Beef pot roast, and barley soup (leftover pot roast done in pressure cooker then beans, veggies, and barley added. Soup cooked in pressure cooker makes a quick, easy soup)

Green split pea soup
Chicken soup

I reckon soup is among the easiest dishes to make. You can bung in whatever you have available and, as long as it´s well seasoned, it tastes good.
I suppose my " easiest to make" is potatoes, carrots, celery, onions, a handful of lentils and plenty of seasoning.

My easiest would be any soup with legumes, i.e. pulses. This includes split pea, Canadian yellow pea, Senate bean, lentil, dahl, etc. The exception to this would be cassoulet.

Tomato-basil is really easy to make as well.

My esscence soups

Bisques

New England Boiled dinner

Pumpkin/winter squash soup

Cold desert soups

Yes, there are soups that can be complex to make, involving everything from pressire cooking short ribs, or oxtail, to prepping a host of veggies ans herbs/spices. They can also be as easy as making a bechemel, and adding seafood.

Ihope something posted bu us will give you the ideas you desire.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Progresso-Soup.png

Spli Pea, lentil, throw together vegetable soup, Jacques Pepin's Tomato soup, vischysoise ( I never spell it right) used too be easy when my wife wasnt vegan), Onion soup. Spinach/ Malanga soup, I love soup!!

What we call "Boil Soup". We use the leftover veges and andouille from a crawfish boil and make soup with them. The base is chicken stock. As you can imagine there is a little spice to this soup.

Thanks. Craig had some medical issues for a good long while plus I started working outside of home in a very high-pressure job with long hours, but now have changed jobs again, still outside of home, but very low pressure.

I reckon soup is among the easiest dishes to make. You can bung in whatever you have available and, as long as it´s well seasoned, it tastes good.
I suppose my " easiest to make" is potatoes, carrots, celery, onions, a handful of lentils and plenty of seasoning.

Would you please tell us the seasoning that you use.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom