What's for dinner Thursday, September 26, 2024?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Smithfield Applewood Smoked Bacon, Fresh Pork Loin Filet, mashed candied yams (butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon added), homemade “Bavarian” style beans & spaetzle.

(I didn't really like the pork much)

bacon_pork_loin_092624_1_IMG_3044.jpg

I've got a big pot of Beef Stew cooking for tonight's dinner and I've got the sous vide running with St. Louis Pork Ribs for future meals. There was a sale at US Chef's store...30 bucks for 10 pounds! It will make 6 meals for the 2 of us! I'll leave them in the bags to pop them in the freezer, then all I'll have to do is defrost and use the BBQ or broiler to re-heat and add some color.

Another grazing day. I need a break from steak (that rhymes). I had a Boar's Head ham and Swiss with mayo and lettuce on a hard roll for dinner, with a side of UTZ Mike's Hot Honey flavored chips. Those chips are quite good, but I am a sucker for sweet and heat mixed.

CD

Butter Chicken with garlic butter naan bread.
The word naan comes from the Persian nân-e sangak, meaning “bread baked on [hot] pebbles.” Due to the lengthy process of making a leavened bread, naan historically was available primarily to royalty. The breads, accompanied with kebabs and keema (minced-beef curry), became popular among the Mughal nobility in the 1500s. About 1799, the word naan was introduced into the English language by historian and clergyman William Tooke. Today, naan can be found worldwide in restaurants serving South Asian and Middle Eastern cuisine, and it is available in many supermarkets. Fusion cuisine has introduced new dishes that incorporate naan, including naan pizza and naan tacos and even huevos rancheros (an egg dish) served over naan. — Britannica Encyclopedia.

Attachments

• Butter Chicken with Garlic butter naan.jpg
    Butter Chicken with Garlic butter naan.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 4
After that hamburger (onions/mushrooms/bean sprouts/baby spinach on a brioche bun) which I had around 2:30, thought I might have a salad for supper. Didn't happen, of course. But did have some strawberries and a small piece of brownie.
1727440900560.png

Lately the strawberries have been great. Last year I found the strawberries pretty tasteless, very disappointing. They've made up for it this year!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom