What would an egg do to my bread recipe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AllRicksStuff

Assistant Cook
Just curious as to what an egg would do to a bread recipe?
I've tried milk instead of water a couple of times and didn't like it. I'm wondering about an egg now? :)

It would make a loaf of Challah, but you would have to use about 5 eggs, not one. If you also add half a pound of butter, it would be a brioche.

If you're trying to get a rise out of it (pun intended), add ¼ cup non-fat dry milk to your dry ingredients.

I use a 1/4 stick of butter and now one egg. My recipe has never tasted so good using that egg. DELICIOUS!

I never powdered milk so don't have any on hand.

TY again. :)

I used to buy skim milk powder, just to use it in baking. I also used to buy buttermilk powder, mostly for baking, but sometimes in salad dressing.

The real issue is that I'm not a bread eater. Maybe half dozen or so loaves a year. Just not something my family did was eat bread and gravy's. Matter of fact, I usually have to throw away about 25% of my loaf because it starts to turn moldy blue and green on me. I rarely ever eat a whole loaf of bread. I don't eat biscuits and rolls either. I like it all fine, I just don't eat it much.
Only salad dressing I eat is my grandma's homemade French Dressing. When eating out I couldn't ever find French or Roquefort dressing and had to settle for Blu Cheese.
'They' say I'm a picky eater but I only eat what I like. What's wrong with that? I liked enough stuff to make it to 74yo so far. (Who are 'they' anyway?) :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom