What tools do you bring on a picnic?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marchdesign

Assistant Cook
Hi all,

After learning much about knifes, seems like any knife would really do the trick.

I’m considering to bring a date out on a picnic, what are the tools to bring on the trip? Obviously I’m thinking to make something with avocado, and with various fruits.

I wish everyone a happy holidays and happy new year!

Hugo

I usually bring foods that are ready to eat on a picnic. What knife work do you need to do other than a slicing of fruit etc.?

If you are bringing wine, check if it has a screw top or a cork. If it has a cork, be sure to bring a cork screw. Also, if anything else is in a package or can, make sure you have any tools needed to open that.

I also bring foods that are ready to eat for a picnic. If necessary, I'll bring plates and serving and eating utensils, but that's it. Any knife work is done at home.

The last time I made food for a picnic, I made sandwiches, a watermelon-feta salad (served in individual plastic deli containers) and a tin of cookies.

Last Picnic I did was a few years ago for my anniversary .
Plans were to have a picnic late lunch / early dinner then go see a Billy Joel concert.
I had bought one of those picnic backpacks that are already equipped with plates, utensils, cheese board and knife, corkscrew and glasses. As the day got closer, there weather was getting very unpredictable , so I did the next best thing. Got a hotel room overlooking the venue, and we had our picnic lunch/dinner in the room, on the floor over looking the venue. To top it off, Paul Simon showed up as his guest that night. So other than the weather not cooperating , it was a perfect day/night.

When blowing up the pic, I noticed tiny salt and pepper shakers too. I probably never filled them so wouldn't have mattered anyway (unless they came filled):LOL:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-01 at 8.45.23 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-01-01 at 8.45.23 AM.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 37
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-01 at 8.45.44 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-01-01 at 8.45.44 AM.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-01 at 8.46.50 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-01-01 at 8.46.50 AM.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 23
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-01 at 8.51.12 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-01-01 at 8.51.12 AM.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 27
Last picnic I went on, to meet a gal friend at a park where they had tables. I made everything salads, big bowls, grain, legume, lettuce, tomatoes, broccoli, more vegetables. Three kinds of dressings in jars, and two forks. It was a great lunch and great time to catch up on everything.

Yes, a cork puller.
I always keep one in my backpack and one in my car. Know how to use one well. Practice if you must, with your eyes closed. No fumbling, cork breakage. No embarrassment. Good technique will impress your date, guaranteed.

I haven't been on a picnic since I was in my early 20s. My fiancees folks owned some wooded property with some walking trails. Our picnic only required a blanket. Blanket was optional.

You're going on a picnic in Chicago in January?

I would say a firestarter, mylar blankets, and lots of alcohol.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom